21st century kids

PaleFire

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
topics like this have no business on a bonsai hobbyist site. at no point have any of the posters stepped outside of their own experiences and asked themselves if the youth have a point? just a ton of non-sequiturs and ad hominems. just stop with these pointless and divisive posts. what exactly is the point other than bitching about kids challenging the status quo?

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
@ AlainK
I don't agree with you but that doesn't mean we can't be civil towards each other.

That's one of the things that bothers me about all sorts of things these days.
We all have our stance on things and are not willing to listen to the other side.
That ole tribal thing.

I've been watching this debate for over fifty years. When I was young I believed it.
But over the years none of the stuff they were screaming about came true.
As time went bye I slowly became a skeptic and still am.

I am an open minded person but over the years I have seen NO proof in either sides argument.

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
topics like this have no business on a bonsai hobbyist site. at no point have any of the posters stepped outside of their own experiences and asked themselves if the youth have a point? just a ton of non-sequiturs and ad hominems. just stop with these pointless and divisive posts. what exactly is the point other than bitching about kids challenging the status quo?

With all due respect to you, why are you posting in a thread that YOU think has no business being discussed here?
This is a pretty lively forum. We have some rather heated debates on everything.

Bring up soil and see what happens. Or taters. LOL

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
As far as cooling goes, Middle Georgia where I live is proof.
I have lived here all my life. Up until about 5-6 years ago we always had what we called the dog days.
This was August and on into Sept. We had 105 temps a lot during these days.
Fast forward to about 5-6 years ago and we have barely gotten to 100 in the past five years.

^^^^^^. That is why they changed it from global warming to climate change. It doesn’t affect everywhere the same. Anyways, you do you. We have a whole generation of people growing up that care. I just hope they grow up in time.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
A chill rises
From the soil
And contaminates the air
Suddenly...
Life has new meaning

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Brainwash starts in montesories and pre-schools these days........
Very sad.....

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
@M. Frary you were wrong. Complete moron is about right. The reason why the world will end up in an apocalyptic mess, probably within my lifetime, is because the true brainwashed numpties who are pandering to to the super rich old guys that will be dead before the shit hits the fan don’t WANT to believe what is in front of them everywhere.

If you have to really heavily research to find anything that might back up the non climate change theory just one iota then read the thousands of counter journals researched and created by actual scientists around the world to say that we are doomed if things don’t change now. It’s not crackpot theory, or being brainwashed but actual, evidence based conclusion. All the deniers are simply deluded and blinded by the inconvenience of it all.

The difference between global warming and climate change, by the way, is that when global warming came about the earth was simply warming. We were making changes to atmospheric composition and the earth got warmer. That was a warning, a precursor. Climate change comes about when that warming actually starts affecting the climate (not difficult really).

The proof does not need to be when Bangladesh, the Solomon Islands, Netherlands, Belgium, Maldives etc get swallowed up by rising sea levels or when you can grow oil palms in Finland or when Iceland’s population increases one thousand fold because millions of people cannot grow crops where they live. That is when it is too late. It may already be so. When your light comes on your fuel gauge do you go and fill up before it runs out or after it runs out because you need to be sure it will do?

As for the kids, kids are kids. They probably believe it and have all these grand, starry eyed hopes of actually changing the world. Then they will grow up and realise that being an adult is not as fun or easy as you think and settle into the consumerist lifestyle of cheap fixes, throw away attitudes and mass produced bollocks. Lots will have protested for good reasons, most will have protested because they are sheep.

Sorry, this crap gets me down. It’s why I live on a boat as far from people as possible and only deal with anonymous cyber folk.

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
^^^^^^. That is why they changed it from global warming to climate change. It doesn’t affect everywhere the same. Anyways, you do you. We have a whole generation of people growing up that care. I just hope they grow up in time.

So just because I don't believe what you believe, I don't care? If you say so.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Back in the past there was no social media to organize protests or to get the attention for things globally but there is now, some of them worthy of being mentioned but also allot of crap, some of those new generation also believes anything posted on social media without researching and start yelling just anything because they have read it somewere on Facebook, but to give my opinion on the OP
I think it's an good thing that kids are aware of the climate change and the cause of it but ask them to start with cleaning up their own mess in the house they refuse 😂

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mike you have me confused this morning.
Sure it was me and not the dementia?
Old age will do that to a person at times.
Remember to leave yourself a note to take your medication and you should be o.k.

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Sure it was me and not the dementia?
Old age will do that to a person at times.
Remember to leave yourself a note to take your medication and you should be o.k.

So after 6 days the only thing you could come up with was to raze me about my age?
Such class.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is not age related, it's Conservative versus Liberal, the world over. Liberals are always looking for someone to blame for whatever their issue is. Conservatives are more interested in solutions that are workable. Only stupid people think that the world as we know it will come to a catastrophic end by 2030, or 2100, or pick an era. The climate is always in a state of flux and is either warming or cooling, and can only be characterized historically, -looking at the past record. The climate models have never, ever, been able to predict the past, much less the future. That's because they still do not include all the factors, like the sun's effect on the columns of air and sunspots, which are undoubtedly more important than the Earth's wobble and volcanoes, with man's activities and plastic straws dead last. Mankind only has the power to screw-up the skinny portion of surface conditions we occupy, not weather, and certainly not climate. Smog is not weather. Beijing and Los Angles are two examples of cities poorly located, in geographic situations that do not provide enough ventilation for the pollutants the large populations put into the air. Hurricanes and cyclones are weather specific to some climate zones, not climate. They begin as tropical storms that gain strength as they move over very warm waters, all of which is generated by the sun's energy heating the oceans. We can see such storms on Jupiter. Does Mankind contribute to those great cyclones, too?

Mankind is a passenger aboard the great ship, Earth. We can mess our own little zone, our own cabin, -but the ship sails on without regard.

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
This is not age related, it's Conservative versus Liberal, the world over. Liberals are always looking for someone to blame for whatever their issue is. Conservatives are more interested in solutions that are workable. Only stupid people think that the world as we know it will come to a catastrophic end by 2030, or 2100, or pick an era. The climate is always in a state of flux and is either warming or cooling, and can only be characterized historically, -looking at the past record. The climate models have never, ever, been able to predict the past, much less the future. That's because they still do not include all the factors, like the sun's effect on the columns of air and sunspots, which are undoubtedly more important than the Earth's wobble and volcanoes, with man's activities and plastic straws dead last. , not weather, and certainly not climate. Smog is not weather. Beijing and Los Angles are two examples of cities poorly located, in geographic situations that do not provide enough ventilation for the pollutants the large populations put into the air. Hurricanes and cyclones are weather specific to some climate zones, not climate. They begin as tropical storms that gain strength as they move over very warm waters, all of which is generated by the sun's energy heating the oceans. We can see such storms on Jupiter. Does Mankind contribute to those great cyclones, too?

Mankind is a passenger aboard the great ship, Earth. We can mess our own little zone, our own cabin, -but the ship sails on without regard.
Your political bias is showing..... only stupid people believe that people think the world is actually going to end. It’s the world as we know it that could potentially end.

“Conservatives are more interested in solutions that are workable immediately profitable“ I fixed it for you.

“Mankind only has the power to screw-up the skinny portion of surface conditions we occupy” You don’t say? The part that we breath air from, grow food from, drink water from, the part that we actually need!?! What’s your point in all this? How I read it is that we should dismiss climate change because it’s such a small portion of the earth and the solar system. Who cares what we do to our skinny portion....

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is not age related, it's Conservative versus Liberal, the world over. Liberals are always looking for someone to blame for whatever their issue is. Conservatives are more interested in solutions that are workable. Only stupid people think that the world as we know it will come to a catastrophic end by 2030, or 2100, or pick an era. The climate is always in a state of flux and is either warming or cooling, and can only be characterized historically, -looking at the past record. The climate models have never, ever, been able to predict the past, much less the future. That's because they still do not include all the factors, like the sun's effect on the columns of air and sunspots, which are undoubtedly more important than the Earth's wobble and volcanoes, with man's activities and plastic straws dead last. Mankind only has the power to screw-up the skinny portion of surface conditions we occupy, not weather, and certainly not climate. Smog is not weather. Beijing and Los Angles are two examples of cities poorly located, in geographic situations that do not provide enough ventilation for the pollutants the large populations put into the air. Hurricanes and cyclones are weather specific to some climate zones, not climate. They begin as tropical storms that gain strength as they move over very warm waters, all of which is generated by the sun's energy heating the oceans. We can see such storms on Jupiter. Does Mankind contribute to those great cyclones, too?

How much did you get paid to post this?

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Its funny,

I saw all young generation protesting about climat change and what we should do, but they dont even pick up their own rubbish, the place looked like after rubbish tornado went through, so do your own maths, propaganda is huge.......

Last edited:
Top Bottom