21st century kids

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Ingenuous, manipulated or genuine ?

In my school (15-18 yr-olds), full house. I mean, all the students were there. I work in a medium-sized city, a cathedral, a rich history, upper-middle-class, and a higher proportion of rich christians than in the other 7 high schools or so in my catchment area,

And what about the rest of the world ?

Little trolls?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Manipulated and ingenuous.
When I went protesting at that age, I just didn't want to go to school.
We had some journalists visiting the recent protests, and kids were interviewed while they were sitting at a mc donalds, throwing their thrash all over the floor. Nobody picked anything up, even when asked to, because they felt it wasn't their responsibility.
They weren't there protesting in the weekends, only on school days and only during school hours.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Manipulated and ingenuous.
When I went protesting at that age, I just didn't want to go to school.
We had some journalists visiting the recent protests, and kids were interviewed while they were sitting at a mc donalds, throwing their thrash all over the floor. Nobody picked anything up, even when asked to, because they felt it wasn't their responsibility.
They weren't there protesting in the weekends, only on school days and only during school hours.
Sounds about right....
You should have seen how the so-called "Occupy Movement" left every one of the parks in DC.....mountains of trash, what was green grass was now mud pit feilds, heavy smell of fecal matter in the air of the surrounding area, needles and broke bottles everywhere.

It's the same thing as always, these are just scum-of-the-earth types who like to take advantage of any situation they can.
They're more concerned with all kinds of things that they have no power over than simply fixing their own discusting lives.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Ingenuous, manipulated or genuine ?

In my school (15-18 yr-olds), full house. I mean, all the students were there. I work in a medium-sized city, a cathedral, a rich history, upper-middle-class, and a higher proportion of rich christians than in the other 7 high schools or so in my catchment area,

And what about the rest of the world ?

Little trolls?

A demonstration of why uncontrollable public schools can't be trusted to educate our kids. Actually, why the uncontrollable teachers can't be trusted to educate our kids. This issue is the personification of a scientific matter where the pluses and minuses should be weighed and debated. Our intellectuals are skipping right past that to a conclusion where they get to run the world. Over my dead body.

When all you have to offer is screaming and yelling kids demanding attention, you need to go back to school...

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Something you would know a lot about,being a dimwit yourself.
At least you aren't a total moron.

Mike you have me confused this morning.
Which one is it? Am I a dimwit or an incomplete moron?

Does this mean we can't be friends?
If we can't be friends, I don't know if I can bear it.

😂😂😂😂😎😎😎

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, these kids are pretty angry and desparate because there’s a near 100% certainty that their lives are going to be considerably worse than the one that their parents lived – for ecological reasons, but for other reasons to, remember, the world economy, that was pretty shit to begin with, is about to tank once again – and you take a huge dump on them....because..... their demonstrations don’t look like the ones from the 60-70s????

"Fucking kids man, why couldn’t they be more like us, the golden generation that was given everything, even though they have impossible student debt, bad or no jobs, a dysfunctional economy, will never retire, will need to flee natural catastrophes their entire lives, will have to endure tyranny...."

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol! "Soybean Futures!"

The other day I was talking with the Sorceress about "rope kids"....
Stop reading of you have em!

You know, the kids attached to a rope like a tiny chain gang walking down the block with the 3 caretakers, 2 of which don't care and the one that loves them ropekids more than their own mother....

Anyway....

I think we should be allowed 3 tags a year for ropekids.

Sorce

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
So, these kids are pretty angry and desparate because there’s a near 100% certainty that their lives are going to be considerably worse than the one that their parents lived – for ecological reasons, but for other reasons to, remember, the world economy, that was pretty shit to begin with, is about to tank once again – and you take a huge dump on them....because..... their demonstrations don’t look like the ones from the 60-70s????

"Fucking kids man, why couldn’t they be more like us, the golden generation that was given everything, even though they have impossible student debt, bad or no jobs, a dysfunctional economy, will never retire, will need to flee natural catastrophes their entire lives, will have to endure tyranny...."

I am a bit dense, but was there a point to all that.
Serious question.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

Boo Hiss. The Earth has been transitioning to a possible cooler period for the last ~20 or so years, so the the green freaks are going to have to change their banter, again, to ICE AGE! ICE AGE!!

Only a moron would take on student debt without doing a cost versus value analysis. The so-called college advisors have been cheating students of Black Studies, Woman Studies, Middle Earth Literature, Artsy-Craftsy, History of Baloney, Basket Weaving of Himalayan Goat Herders and other non-salable majors. Somebody in the system needs to look the children in the eye and ask them how they intend to pay for these loans, before they incur the debt, because McDonald's only needs just so many french-fryer Captains. Look in the want-ads for someone with your supposed education. How many opportunities are there? What percentage of kids look at college as an alternative to work and say to themselves, "Hmmm..., work or fuck off for the next four years? That's a tough choice...".

Oh, yeah, these are the demonstrators that want to tell the rest of the world how screwed-up we are! They haven't just arrived in the middle of Gobi wondering how they're going to get food and shelter. They step out onto concrete sidewalks and drive, air-conditioned, 70 miles an hour in their own personal carriage to a grocery store where they can buy bananas and strawberries any day of the year, and be entertained within an arm's reach of a refrigerator and microwave on hundred's of channels on their 80 inch flat screen. And direct-dial to any country in the world on their own personal wireless phone or WiFi computer, at the speed of light. Or, fly from New York to San Diego in 3 hours? Predict the path of hurricanes and watch them cross the ocean on your phone? We can cure many types of cancer and people live an average of 76 years instead of 46 years.

Can you imagine the look on somebody's face if you were to read the last sentences to them in 1901? Does living come with it a duty to fit in, do your part, work, and take the current world's challenges as part of your own inheritance? (Two possible answers here; you can only choose one.)

The list of miracles we take for granted is too long to recite. We stand on the shoulders of all who came before us. We all need to say these words periodically, to ourselves. Listen. Participate!

Last edited:

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
Boo Hiss. The Earth has been transitioning to a possible cooler period for the last ~20 or so years, so the the green freaks are going to have to change their banter, again, to ICE AGE! ICE AGE!!
Do you have any data to back up this... ahem... claim ?

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
If you dig past all the alarmist junk you will find plenty of evidence.
Do your homework.
That’s not how the burden of proof works because if say I have looked and couldn’t find it. You can come back with, I didn’t look hard enough. But hey, if you don’t have any not pseudo science reporting to show me, I’ll just take you for your word.....?

Nanuk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That’s not how the burden of proof works because if say I have looked and couldn’t find it. You can come back with, I didn’t look hard enough. But hey, if you don’t have any not pseudo science reporting to show me, I’ll just take you for your word.....?

Do you know why they call it climate change?
I'm old so I remember all this happening.

They started off calling it global warming.
That didn't scare people enough so they changed up and started calling it MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE.
Then along comes this silly group of scientists and said wait just a minute. We think the earth may be cooling.
So once again they changed. Climate change is the new narrative. Covers it in both directions.

Now this new narrative I actually believe. Climate change. Yep.

Only this is the scientists have been showing me all my life how the climate has been changing for millions of years.
Scientists say when the earth was first formed that it was hundreds of degrees outside all the time.
No oxygen and no water. Well I for one am very happy that the climate changed.

I was told in school and elsewhere, that we have had numerous ice ages and that it will happen again.
Well there again I am right happy that it changed from that. While the ice age was here though, that was normal.

We know that hurricanes come in cycles of about 10 years. Thing is after a lull in hurricanes, then they come back for awhile.
They first reaction to them coming back, OMG, climate change is causing it.

Believe me, I think we should be good stewards of our planet. I do not believe mankind is having much if any affect on the weather.

As far as cooling goes, Middle Georgia where I live is proof.
I have lived here all my life. Up until about 5-6 years ago we always had what we called the dog days.
This was August and on into Sept. We had 105 temps a lot during these days.
Fast forward to about 5-6 years ago and we have barely gotten to 100 in the past five years.

We live on a dangerous planet. Nature throws hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning, hail and all sorts of other goodies at us.
I think it makes the planet interesting myself. YMMV

And NO, I'm not going to look up anything for you.

Top Bottom