#22 Copper wire

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Anyone knows where I may be able to find this gage? Jim has been slow in getting back. Julian does not carry it anymore. Thanks guys!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Anyone knows where I may be able to find this gage? Jim has been slow in getting back. Julian does not carry it anymore. Thanks guys!
I got mine from Gremel. Rarely use it. Just wanted to have some on hand in case I ever do need it.

What are you using it for? Detail wiring Junipers?

If you can’t wait until September, I’m sure Jim will be at the Nationals.

Bonsai901

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Would 24 be too thin?
Telecom/data cabling and cross-connect is solid 24 awg. I work in the telecom field so I have plenty for my juniper and hinoki pads.

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
Copper fishing wire may work too. I had some my father left in his workshop I used for super fine wiring of hinokis. I threw it in a fire to anneal it.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Huh...just bought some from Julian not too long ago! Didn't know he was going to stop selling it or I might have got more.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
20 gauge is pretty small. Won’t that do?

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My go to would have been Julian, but Adams only carries down to #20 but American Bonsai appears to have 100' for $12
https://www.americanbonsai.com/American-Bonsai-22-Annealed-Copper-Wire-p/abc22-100.htm
Fairbanks wire in Illinois carries it I think, but they're catering to the medical field I believe and is after hours ATM,
and they claim to have multiple alloys in different tempers including annealed. Otherwise may have to anneal your own
if #20 is not precise enough.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I got mine from Gremel. Rarely use it. Just wanted to have some on hand in case I ever do need it.

What are you using it for? Detail wiring Junipers?

If you can’t wait until September, I’m sure Jim will be at the Nationals.

Thanks Adair. I use it for general detailed wiring but need it specifically for my Thuja that I'm showing at the Nationals so unfortunately cannot wait until September.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Would 24 be too thin?
Telecom/data cabling and cross-connect is solid 24 awg. I work in the telecom field so I have plenty for my juniper and hinoki pads.

Yes way too thin for me but thank you!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Huh...just bought some from Julian not too long ago! Didn't know he was going to stop selling it or I might have got more.

Ok will try him again and see. Thanks Chris!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
My go to would have been Julian, but Adams only carries down to #20 but American Bonsai appears to have 100' for $12
https://www.americanbonsai.com/American-Bonsai-22-Annealed-Copper-Wire-p/abc22-100.htm
Fairbanks wire in Illinois carries it I think, but they're catering to the medical field I believe and is after hours ATM,
and they claim to have multiple alloys in different tempers including annealed. Otherwise may have to anneal your own
if #20 is not precise enough.

Ok great thank you!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok will try him again and see. Thanks Chris!
Sergio, I just checked my last order...it was in March and I did not order 22 gauge. Sorry for the confusion! It's not listed on his website but I think it used to be (I know I've gotten it from him before). Might be worth checking with him if you haven't already.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sergio, I just checked my last order...it was in March and I did not order 22 gauge. Sorry for the confusion! It's not listed on his website but I think it used to be (I know I've gotten it from him before). Might be worth checking with him if you haven't already.

Ok thank you Chris. Checking with him right now but assume he does not sell it anymore. Not listed on his site either as you said.

Top Bottom