27 New Bonsai Pot Vendors Added to Vendor Pot Page

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There are some great resources on your page. Thank you for posting this!

I also appreciate that you kept links alive for a bonsai tree/pot artist that is deceased. I was able to learn about the late Dale Cochoy, whom I had not encountered, before (or if I did, the circumstances did not register in my brain). It was touching and caused much introspection to see his FB posts as he was liquidating everything in his life bonsai-related, knowing his life in this world was coming to an end. I've often thought about what my bride would do with all of my accumulated stuff if I were to die on a very short trajectory, and seeing this sort of thing inspires me to make a plan. Sorry to highjack the thread.

Last edited:

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW John Cannon has basically gone off grid and not delivered to numerous people. aka ripping people off. I'm into him for about $250 for a pot bought at auction. Caveat emptor.

Lost2301

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There are some great resources on your page. Thank you for posting this!

I also appreciate that you kept links alive for a bonsai tree/pot artist that is deceased. I was able to learn about the late Dale Cochoy, whom I had not encountered, before (or if I did, the circumstances did not register in my brain). It was touching and caused much introspection to see his FB posts as he was liquidating everything in his life bonsai-related, knowing his life in this world was coming to an end. I've often thought about what my bride would do with all of my accumulated stuff if I were to die on a very short trajectory, and seeing this sort of thing inspires me to make a plan. Sorry to highjack the thread.
Yea Dale was really a talented guy. His passing most definitely gets a person thinking on what do with your Bonsai stuff. My mother had Alzheimers and she basically lost everything she had in life except for the things in her small room (bedroom). She lost her house, the stuff in the house, car, yard, pets, clothes, etc. That was an eye opener for me. I started getting rid of my things after she passed away. The goal was if it doesn't fit in the house out it goes. I have a tiny house. As for Bonsai Trees, am I now making plans on what to do with them before I suddenly have to get rid of most of them. Right now cannot park in the garage during the winter. Might be time to start whittling away on a bunch of them. It was sad seeing what Dale went through. I have MS and I am declining at a steady rate, so at sometime in the future I will cease to be a Bonsai artist, hence the need to start making some plans now. I did keep Dales name on the page on purpose so visters to the site would know he passed away. Good luck with your plans!

Lost2301

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW John Cannon has basically gone off grid and not delivered to numerous people. aka ripping people off. I'm into him for about $250 for a pot bought at auction. Caveat emptor.
I am glad you shared that information with me. I am checking into this and hopefully I will have some answer pretty quickly. His facebook page has not been updated in a while. I suspect something has happened with him. If my website quits being updated you will know I am either dead or in the hospital! I will get back to you on this subject. Thanks!

ysrgrathe

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
John has had some personal issues in the past that led to poor shipping. But I did eventually get what I ordered. Hope this is similar.

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
John has had some personal issues in the past that led to poor shipping. But I did eventually get what I ordered. Hope this is similar.
My issue extends back to March. Others have contacted me regarding issues back approaching a year now. He claimed he was refunding me and it was cancelled. Either by his hand or empty account, not sure. You can try to gloss over it all you want but the names for this are not "poor shipper". Caveat Emptor.

Lost2301

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All,

I have tried reaching out to John but did not receive any response. I did contact another pot vendor who John claims an association with at least according to his facebook page. That pot vendor says there is no association with them. I have removed John Cannon from my website for the time being. That vendor also said John has bouts of depression that might be affecting his behavior.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully John will get better and make things right for everyone.

Mike

Top Bottom