3 Seed Groups, no instructions. First Bonsai.

MGO

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello Human from Earth,
I just got my first Bonsai kit from Ashbrook Outdoors. They include instructions for the 5 main seeds however there are 3 without instructions to start the growing process. The 3 are as follows
-Cinnamomum Camphora
-Enterlobium Cyclocarpum
-Ficus Religosa
If anyone could tell me what I need to do pre-sowing, sowing, watering, required sunlight, and time to germinate for all three that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all
-MGO
P.S. I plan on giving away all but one bonsai, Jacaranda Mimosifolia, for christmas along with required tools and just start them all up now for people. I chose that species because it will match my gaming setup, which is Black and Blue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 33

MGO

Seedling
Reaction score
This sounds like if you get an earing you can bike with fish!

Welcome to Crazy!

Are you in Antarctica?

Sorce
Uhm, sorry but what exactly do you mean "Do you live in Antartica" or "This sounds like if you can earing you can bike with fish!" I'm very confused about what you said to the point of I think that comment is a troll.

gallina1594

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Uhm, sorry but what exactly do you mean "Do you live in Antartica" or "This sounds like if you can earing you can bike with fish!" I'm very confused about what you said to the point of I think that comment is a troll.
Lol he's not a nonsense rascal for nothing!

Ironbeaver

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ficus religiosa can be scattered on damp soil and put under a domestic for humidity. Not sure of the others.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Location is everything!
SoHem NoHem...
Timing becomes everything.

I just think it's funny that there's a tree called

Enterlobium - get your ear pierced.

Cyclocarpum - bike with carp fish.

Cuz somehow, though it is Probly a legit species...
(Like my response;))

It sounds like some douche would make it up just to sell you some pine seeds that are dead!

Sorce

MGO

Seedling
Reaction score
What's the hurry? Seeds are a long term bonsai project. Decades.
Because I plan on only keeping one and giving the others away for christmas. My siblings are away for the weekend and I plan on giving some to them too. I want it to be a surprise and if they see it all before christmas it won't be a surprise. I know you all are more experienced but I need to start these as soon as possible. If anyone has anymore help it would be greatly appreciated.

MGO

Seedling
Reaction score
Location is everything!
SoHem NoHem...
Timing becomes everything.

I just think it's funny that there's a tree called

Enterlobium - get your ear pierced.

Cyclocarpum - bike with carp fish.

Cuz somehow, though it is Probly a legit species...
(Like my response;))

It sounds like some douche would make it up just to sell you some pine seeds that are dead!

Sorce
Oh oh oh I get it now XD

MGO

Seedling
Reaction score
This little gourd pot is the one I plan on keeping MY plant in. I prefer if it not outgrow this to keep at my desk, I have heard before that the plant can't outgrow the roots and the roots can't outgrow the pot. Please tell me this is true XD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Because I plan on only keeping one and giving the others away for christmas. My siblings are away for the weekend and I plan on giving some to them too. I want it to be a surprise and if they see it all before christmas it won't be a surprise. I know you all are more experienced but I need to start these as soon as possible. If anyone has anymore help it would be greatly appreciated.
I see your dilemma. Have you tried googling?

MGO

Seedling
Reaction score
I see your dilemma. Have you tried googling?
Yes I actually have and I keep coming up empty. All I get is either the status of the species on the endangerment chain or how said species is invasive to (insert country here)

MGO

Seedling
Reaction score
XD no one of these. Hollow it out and cut off the top and u got a pot. They are most commonly pictured near pumpkins pre-drying process. In that case they have like green and yellow on them.

Attachments

• 106A1F33-9391-496F-9BA8-4C52469406BB.jpeg
    106A1F33-9391-496F-9BA8-4C52469406BB.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 16

MGO

Seedling
Reaction score
Ok so I'm pre-sowing the ones to be pre-sown. Since I only got advice on the ficus the other two I just did the same thing as the majority of the others needed. Soaking in warm water for 24 hours. The Delonix I thought was neat because you need to boil it to start the scarification process! Who knew?! (I mean u guys probably did but I thought it was cool) I need to loosen up the soil pucks now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ok so I'm pre-sowing the ones to be pre-sown. Since I only got advice on the ficus the other two I just did the same thing as the majority of the others needed. Soaking in warm water for 24 hours. The Delonix I thought was neat because you need to boil it to start the scarification process! Who knew?! (I mean u guys probably did but I thought it was cool) I need to loosen up the soil pucks now.
Good growing dude.

Top Bottom