3 year Itoigawa progression

BenHolland2991

Seedling
Reaction score
Three year progression on this Itoigawa Juniper whip originally sourced from Shoka Bonsai in the UK.

Picture below from 20192E9CF6B9-B69A-4CF2-9481-A1752E3FEA3C.jpeg

Picture below from yesterday.
603BCE84-D3DF-47B0-9455-833106AA1F84.jpeg

My wiring could still use a little refinement but overall I’m pretty happy with the progression & how much I’ve learnt in the process. No one said how fiddly these guys can be to wire!

Cheers!

Backwardsvg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I love the progression shots like this. What does the future look like for this tree ?

BenHolland2991

Seedling
Reaction score
I love the progression shots like this. What does the future look like for this tree ?
Cheers! Not too sure to be honest with you!

The pads could fill out a little better in places to refine more. I enjoy my mame and shohin sized trees so this will likely remain a shohin. Once it has put out some good growth, ill chase it back and remove some of the downwards growth from the pads which should improve its appearance.

I have several other itoigawa, some smaller and some larger growing in a grow bed. I took a handful of cuttings from the tree pictured when cleaning it up about 18 months ago and one or two have rooted and are growing in the greenhouse in small pots. Lots of material to play with in the coming years!

Top Bottom