44th Annual Mid-America Bonsai Exhibition, August 19-21, 2022

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A great exhibition, hosted at the Chicago Botanic Gardens. Vendors, workshops, demos, and a dinner and auction! The Mid-west Bonsai Society was my first bonsai club (from back in the 1990's) and it is a great organization with a lot of talented and enthusiast members. I highly recommend this show - the setting can't be beat!

Friday August 19 - Noon to 5PM
Saturday August 20, Sunday August 21 - 9AM to 5PM

For more information, check out the official site!

midwest.jpg

mgonz121

Seedling
Reaction score
Our August Exhibition has the longest history, going into its 44th year in 2022. It is one of the largest regional shows in the nation. Centered on the Chicago Botanic Garden's Permanent Collection, featuring over 50 world-class trees, it’s a showplace of trees from across the Midwest and beyond. Enthusiasts from across the country bring their trees to be judged in the main hall at the Garden's Regenstein Center.

A gallery of the 2018 41st Annual Mid-America Exhibition is available here. We have a review of the August 2017 Exhibition available here. We also have a review of the 2015 Exhibit available with that year's winners.

There is no cost to attend the bonsai show once inside of the Garden, but regular parking rates and per-person admission ticket prices apply for entry into the Chicago Botanic Garden. Please see the Garden’s dedicated webpage for pricing details.

Kodama

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Attended the show yesterday for the first time...WOW!! Got some great pictures and loved the Japanese Garden Island. Picked up a Hinoki pre bonsai. Truly worth the crazy Chicago traffic.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
1662130756018.png

Thanks @Kodama .....This BRT composition blew out my BVD's.......50-60 years? These trees MIGHT be half that. Article is in Florida Bonsai Society Magazine Feb '18......sheesssshhhhhh...........

....if that's the case they would be among the first BRT's in the country, which is entirely possible....but then, why the confusion....is one 50, another 60...52 56.....c'mon man!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, wish I could have gone.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Is this a Cork elm raft/multitrunk? pretty cool, definitely not something you see often
20220820_103741.jpg

Top Bottom