4th of July!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
First, happy 4th!

Second, I am starting to cut candles this weekend :) Fun times.

Sorry I missed the California Juniper expedition. I've been really crushed at home recently - in addition to everything else I had to build a bed for my son, and I'm in the midst of a rocking chair for my dad :) Let's try to get together soon - perhaps on a weekend earlier in the day or late in the afternoon when it gets cooler?

chair1.jpg

chair2.jpg

chair3.jpg

chair4.jpg

chair5.jpg

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Happy 4th to you as well!!!
It gets cooler????
Post some pics of what you are building!!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hi Irene :) I was posting this for our local study group :) It's not a private thread, but I didn't want to bore the rest of the site with woodworking photos :)

After the chair I think I'm going to build a few stands. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment - we are having solar panels put on our roof and we are replacing all of our iron fencing (which requires me to replace the stone coping on the tops of the walls as well - a horrible job in the heat of the summer). Bonsai in summer (for me) is more about watching my trees grow and not doing much else :)

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Wood working is also a part of it!!! That wood comes from trees Right?
Besides I also enjoy seeing what everyone is doing besides Bonsai :p

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
Happy Independence Day to you too Greg! and to all!
Looks like you had been busy there my friend. You are very talented with wood working! Wow! I would love to see you work on some bonsai stands.

Everyone in our OC bonsai study group are all very busy too. We should get together again soon though. Next weekend is good for me.
Si

Top Bottom