5 year recovery spruce.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As the title indicates, this one has taken 5 years since collection to get growing. It was very weak when collected, wee yellow needles, stressed. Given the drought years that happened since then I can say with near certainty that this tree would not be alive today if it hadn’t been collected.

A few buds formed last year and grew well this season, buds have tripled at least. Even the upper branches look likely to pull through. I realize that it doesn’t look all that impressive I’m the pic but it is a flawless trunk with perfect slow taper to the top, aged bark all the way, nice subtle movements and nicely place branches. Potential for a very nice tall tree I think.
C7B3B75E-8FBE-473D-BF8E-7EE557C8A09B.jpegDD9F756F-5BB3-40C9-AED0-BD4F406D2BB1.jpegC84C9C41-F3F4-435B-83AF-7998B47EC072.jpeg

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
Kudos for having the patience and perseverance to pull it through. Any sign of borers?

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
5 years recovery, wow. You obviously know how to deal with life support. How do you even go about working out how much to water something which isn’t actively growing for that long?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
5 years recovery, wow. You obviously know how to deal with life support. How do you even go about working out how much to water something which isn’t actively growing for that long?
Each of @wireme's growing seasons is only about 2 months long. :D

Top Bottom