8 years smoke free today

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
You know what, I needed to read this today. Thanks for posting. I am currently on DAY 1 (o_O) after trying about 100 times like you mentioned. I have been good at quitting before and have quit for up to 6 months at a time. But I'm always WAY better at starting back. My oldest son was talking to me about it on the ride home from his grandparents' house yesterday. When we got home, I could tell he was acting funny and when I asked him what was wrong, he completely broke down and starting sobbing. He told me that he wanted me to be around when he would need me. And that hit home like nothing else ever has. Usually but this point, I am ready to fistfight the first person that looks at me sideways. But I feel good about it today. And reading this just brings it home even more.

I hope to be you in 8 years Steve! Remind me!! :)
I quit almost ten years ago. The key is understanding the events and times that your smoking habit played an important part. These things can sneak up on you if you are not aware when you engage in one of them and are not prepared to push them out of your mind.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for Helping me quit @Steve C and @Chopsie you guys are an inspiration!

@sikadelic. I do believe the urge to love your boy is stronger than that damn nicotine urge. It's what got me.

@blackmiyagi...lol.. @Johnathan ...
Hmmmm....odd they don't make child safe vapes.....or I ain't seen one! Quitit!

June 28th will be a year for me.

And I'm treating myself to a Harley.

Sorce

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
You know what, I needed to read this today. Thanks for posting. I am currently on DAY 1 (o_O) after trying about 100 times like you mentioned. I have been good at quitting before and have quit for up to 6 months at a time. But I'm always WAY better at starting back. My oldest son was talking to me about it on the ride home from his grandparents' house yesterday. When we got home, I could tell he was acting funny and when I asked him what was wrong, he completely broke down and starting sobbing. He told me that he wanted me to be around when he would need me. And that hit home like nothing else ever has. Usually but this point, I am ready to fistfight the first person that looks at me sideways. But I feel good about it today. And reading this just brings it home even more.

I hope to be you in 8 years Steve! Remind me!! :)
Good luck, Man!!! You can do it.... if you're feeling weak, come and post here and we'll give you a gentle nudge or a kick in the ass to get you back on the straight and narrow!!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't worry.
I'll smoke enough to fill in the gap for all you quitters.
What with the "vaping" and bonging tossed in I pretty much have a cloud around me at all times.
Don't worry though. My cardiologist says my lungs are in perfect health.
I started smoking at 9 years of age.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Good to hear your doc said your lungs are good Mike. Some people are like that, dunno how it is but they are. I have a friend that is 73 yrs old. He started smoking back when he was a young teen well before he even went over to Vietnam so I think he's been smoking about 58-60 yrs now. Yet he is still in great health. Not many people can say that but there are a very small amount that it just doesn't seem to affect a whole lot. Sounds like you may be that way too.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sounds like you may be that way too.
That's what the doctor said.
But most people aren't.
Also there is mouth and throat and tongue cancers I could get from smoking.
I really ought to try to quit.

Top Bottom