A bunch of Work up at Auction

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Nice work, they look great. I like the last bird one the best but they all are great.

Jamie

Reaction score
Any plans of painted pots again? Just curious...those are pretty sweet. Something more in the lines one who doesn't show...can still use.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Doing Painted pots for me has always been a problem... I like doing them, but they require a lot of time to do.

The one's I was doing before, I had someone else make and fire the pot, they would then send them to me, I would spend a couple days painting at least each one, then send them back, they would put a glaze on them and then refire again, and send back to me to sell... a lot were getting broken or damaged in the process. I had to split the money, which is fair... Seeing a lot of work went into them...

They were very small, so really not of much use to many, and because so... they still took the same amount of time to do as a large pot. And at the end of the day after I split the amount made... I ended up with $25 dollars maybe?

So, a pay to play problem.

I have since started making my own pots and plan on hopefully begin offering them either around The Holidays, or the beginning of next year. Although these so far are carved pots, and do not have painting. Perhaps the next batch?

Reaction score
Update:
4 of the Scrolls are now Sold.

What is left are the Alligator, the Snake
And the 2 Mountain Scene Scrolls

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Doing Painted pots for me has always been a problem... I like doing them, but they require a lot of time to do.

The one's I was doing before, I had someone else make and fire the pot, they would then send them to me, I would spend a couple days painting at least each one, then send them back, they would put a glaze on them and then refire again, and send back to me to sell... a lot were getting broken or damaged in the process. I had to split the money, which is fair... Seeing a lot of work went into them...

They were very small, so really not of much use to many, and because so... they still took the same amount of time to do as a large pot. And at the end of the day after I split the amount made... I ended up with $25 dollars maybe?

So, a pay to play problem.

I have since started making my own pots and plan on hopefully begin offering them either around The Holidays, or the beginning of next year. Although these so far are carved pots, and do not have painting. Perhaps the next batch?
Will your pots be frost proof? Just curious...I get that you lose part of your profit with the carrying overhead of paying the potter. I've admired your pots in the past...but...now I'm collecting pots. Back then...I wasn't. I've got quite the stash from Vic Harris of Erin Pottery going on. Added another today to my stock pile gathering in the UK. A perfect one for a rabbits foot fern.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Stacy,

with your talent you are not making slab built pots ?

You can make circular and ovals without a potter's wheel.
Just get a banding wheel.

Great Work.
More of an oil painting man myself.

Good Day
Anthony

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm going to need a scroll or two sometime.
I've known since coming to this site that Stacy is the guy to do scrolls.
He's just going to have to learn how to do a sasquatch for me. It would go great with a jack pine.
I just have to convince my wife that they are necessary.

Top Bottom