A couple Japanese larch.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m guessing they are Japanese larch anyways. I overwinter these for a couple friends. They did an afternoon workshop in Vancouver about 10 years ago and came home with these. I think it was one of their first dates or something, married with kids now. When they moved here they didn’t know what to do overwinter because the coast doesn’t get winter, just a long horrible fall. The trees have some bad wire scars and have never been repotted or rewired since the workshop. Every now and then at random some bits are snipped off. The owners come pick them up eventually in spring or sometimes not until midsummer. I kinda love it, as far as I can tell they don’t have much interest in progressing with bonsai but have these two little trees that they really enjoy. Someday I guess I should at least help them repot the things but I’m liking the attitude they have of just simply having a tree and enjoying it😁.
The trees are nice to look at too, nice enough. 56D28C96-27AF-43A9-8808-5BB4A48185B7.jpeg81165B9D-E6DA-40F9-AF5F-681AA81AF94F.jpeg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pretty nice Material, you are so kind.

Sorce

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
What has your experience been on watering these? I have a number of 1yr old saplings and have been giving them a lot,ofmwater just like my American larch but have recently lost 3. I assumed it was due to them being missed when hand watering but now I am wondering if they may have been kept too wet.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@wireme What has your experience been on watering these? I have a number of 1yr old saplings and have been giving them a lot,ofmwater just like my American larch but have recently lost 3. I assumed it was due to them being missed when hand watering but now I am wondering if they may have been kept too wet.

Top Bottom