A couple of my small Cascades..

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm afraid i'm not very good at Bonsai even after 22 years of trying make some semblence of the art! ☺️

I really like cascade style trees and had to have a go several times in the past although one Juniper had to be burned earlier this year due to the disease they become contaminated from Pear trees (I've forgotten what it's called now but makes brown gel ooze from the bark ☹️ )

Anyhow, Here's a couple of my meagre efforts!

Cotoneaster and the pot it was in when the Blackbirds knocked it off the bench!, I didn't have another smaller one so had to put it in the better quality pot that was really a bit large for it but it seems to be growing in to!
OMcbf3z.jpg
osIx1VZ.jpg

Scots Pine from memory, I bought this one back in 2009, It was in a similar pot just half the size!, For some reason every pot that this one has been in has been smashed accidentally, Mostly by birds or squirrels knocking it off on to concrete slabs!!
iqTU07F.jpg
M8KLPvs.jpg

The above tree somw years ago in another pot that was smashed!!
95fbIER.jpg

A Juniper that I was given by a friend back in 2013, He said it was always sickly and needed protection through winter so it always went in to the cold greenhouse, About three or four years ago it suddenly let loose with loads of healthy growth for no reason! o_O (Yet another that ended up with the pot broken, High winds this time!)
z03W16T.jpg
WtEKot2.jpg
4mIkNLj.jpg

A kind of semi cascade Potentila, I put it in to one of Tony Remingtons crescent pots, It didn't like it and almost died so I put it in to one with more room to stretch it's legs!!
XQqEoe0.jpg
qvIaXlg.jpg

John 👍

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I like them all..I think you're doing a great job styling them. Any chance you can tell me where I can get some Potentila materials? seems like the small leaves are perfect for shohin bonsai and the flowers are pretty. Thanks

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
I like them all..I think you're doing a great job styling them. Any chance you can tell me where I can get some Potentila materials? seems like the small leaves are perfect for shohin bonsai and the flowers are pretty. Thanks
Sorry VP, I'm in the UK and wouldn't know where to source them in the U.S. ☹️

I'm pretty sure that I won this one in the club auction in the early 2000's :)

Top Bottom