A couple of new erin pots

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
Hi all i thought I would share a few pics of my new Erin ceramics pots.
I purchased them with my broom style cork bark elm in mind as its outgrowing the john Pitt pot its in.
20180311_191319.jpg20180311_191209.jpg20180311_191939.jpg20180311_192114.jpg20180311_191102.jpg20180311_191140.jpg
Sorry for the terrible pics photography is definatly not my strong point lol.

Here is a pic of the tree that may find its new home in one of these pots.
20170808_194204.jpg
This tree had all the moss removed and it carried on growing so the decision has been made to put it in a slightly bigger pot.
20171027_164907.jpg
I dont have an up-to-date pic of the tree now but this is the last pic i have that was taken after it was cut back quite a bit towards the end of last year.

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
the green will go well with the leaves ...or the one with blue has some brown/tan that could look good with the bark...love those erin pots!

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Do you think the light blue and cream colours will be too much for this elm
No I don’t. I think the leaves of the tree have a natural hint of blue color and that tone in the pot will compliment well. The tree and pot will build on each other for a total look. The rough ivory color will pick up the tone in the bark and branches. The overall coloration pattern of the pot seems to fit the wildness of the trunk...nice pot choice! Well selected! I think the blue toned pot will add a good degree of excitement to the overall image.

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
No I don’t. I think the leaves of the tree have a natural hint of blue color and that tone in the pot will compliment well. The tree and pot will build on each other for a total look. The rough ivory color will pick up the tone in the bark and branches. The overall coloration pattern of the pot seems to fit the wildness of the trunk...nice pot choice! Well selected! I think the blue toned pot will add a good degree of excitement to the overall image.
The pot looks alot better in the flesh aswell but the only draw back is the depth of the blue pot is ever so slightly deeper than the cream and green pot its going to be a tough choice

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The pot looks alot better in the flesh aswell but the only draw back is the depth of the blue pot is ever so slightly deeper than the cream and green pot its going to be a tough choice
Nice to really have a choice....and both work well.

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with an Erin pot. Love his glazes. First one I agree for the tree if it fits. Health always trumps.
Cheers.
Yeah it fits in there lol.
its a bigger pot than the one its in now that was the whole point in buying a new pot as its outgrowing the john Pitt pot its in now.
Its deeper and longer and wider.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Am I the only one drooling over the John Pitt pot? For me, that's the real showstopper of the bunch (I know you need something bigger).

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
Am I the only one drooling over the John Pitt pot? For me, that's the real showstopper of the bunch (I know you need something bigger).
Lol yeah I know it is an awsome pot i really like it for this tree but unfortunatly the tree has out grown it now.
But all is not lost i still own the pot and will find a tree suited to it.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Lol yeah I know it is an awsome pot i really like it for this tree but unfortunatly the tree has out grown it now.
But all is not lost i still own the pot and will find a tree suited to it.

And if you don't find a tree that suits it...;) John Pitt pots are difficult to find this side of the pond. They pop up from time to time, but not often...and not cheap.

Top Bottom