A couple of Satsukis

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
In light of the great advice I've received here I'd like to get some opinions on my two new Satsukis I just picked up at Murayama's in Sacramento.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 3 (1).jpg
    3 (1).jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 38
  • 4 (1).jpg
    4 (1).jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 44

Glaucus

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So maybe you do not know the cultivar name? These are Japanese imports. On the white and blue label it should have the variety name written in Japanese characters.
Yes, these should be great as they were already trained to be bonsai. I like the fist one most. But with creativity and skill, maybe the second one can be a design with more character.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Actually I do know the cultivar names: the first is Ichiban Boshi, and the second one is Wakaebisu.

bunjin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Hmm.. Looks like the infamous plastic peanuts are lurking in the bottom of the containers. I agree that the first one has the best trunk along with an unusual bloom. The straight trunk on the second one will be a challenge.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Hmm.. Looks like the infamous plastic peanuts are lurking in the bottom of the containers. I agree that the first one has the best trunk along with an unusual bloom. The straight trunk on the second one will be a challenge.
The bottom layer is indeed styrofoam peanuts. I didn't notice until I had it home, but I would have gotten it anyway to wait with everything else for spring repotting and pruning after the flowers are ready to come off. The straight one I have some ideas for how to start and that's about it for the time being.

Top Bottom