A couple raft projects

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Here's a privet that was the last to bounce back from a collection a couple years ago. So far I've just let it do its thing, I see a raft in the future so I will continue let it go wild and start trimming and shaping perhaps next spring.IMG_20160725_133403602.jpgnext up is this elaeagnus angustifolia, or silverberry, or Russian olive are some common names. Recently pruned by some deer but same deal, just letting it grow out to get real strong and then start some selective pruning and styling. IMG_20160725_133449830.jpg

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oh that first one's leaves also look abit like a firethrorn, but then without the thorns :)

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That privet looks like great material! Raft or slanting, that thing can be great.

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
Unfortunetly the privet gave up,the ghost on me, as well as several others that suffered severe die back. My guess is I repotted and,pruned back too soon. They were protected from frost and diddnt dry out. Guessing I in a hurry and it was too early in the season. Strange I know because they got the same treatment last year, I'm kind of baffled still. I lost the tops and 3 and 4 year ramified branches. Same demise to a pear I cut and rrpotted early too, everything was green and juicy when the pruning happened but they just dried up on me. I will now be waiting until I see green leaves barely emerging on the tips of the buds before I start any work. Lessons lessons

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
The silver berry is going back into the ground this week wherr it will be left to bulk up some for a few years. Its going to take a while for the taper in the new trunks to build up. So ill just let iy do its thing. And it will be less for me to care for as,my benches are overflowing with new collected larch from this fall

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The silver berry is going back into the ground this week wherr it will be left to bulk up some for a few years. Its going to take a while for the taper in the new trunks to build up. So ill just let iy do its thing. And it will be less for me to care for as,my benches are overflowing with new collected larch from this fall

I got a silverberry too going to repot in spring any recommendations regarding the soil they like?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
guess is I repotted and,pruned back too soon

How many shit tats have you covered?

We gotta lose that "repot in spring as the buds swell" shit like those fucked up tats!

Norf Norf.

After consistently above 38F at least.....
After the Solstice even better!

Wane Wane!

Sum Sum!

Sorce

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
How many shit tats have you covered?

We gotta lose that "repot in spring as the buds swell" shit like those fucked up tats!

Norf Norf.

After consistently above 38F at least.....
After the Solstice even better!

Wane Wane!

Sum Sum!

Sorce
Yessssss. Ive dug privet in full leaf and got zero dieback, I repot at bud start to swell and lose the whole tree..... shitty tattoos

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
I got a silverberry too going to repot in spring any recommendations regarding the soil they like?
Here they grow like weeds in the worst kind of conditions, mines in standard lava, Napa dry and bark fines and seems to love it, ones collected this past spring had pumice added to the mix and diddnt seem to make a diffrence. Wait til you see green on the tips and weather is consistently above 38f

Top Bottom