A courious question for everyone

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What helped refine my eye the most was reading David DeGroot's book Basic Bonsai Design. The book is excellent, and I recommend it to anyone, novice to advanced.

I'd just like to second that. This book deserves more recognition. (Perhaps the author deserves more recognition) It boils everything down to the bare essentials.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'd just like to second that. This book deserves more recognition. (Perhaps the author deserves more recognition) It boils everything down to the bare essentials.

IIRC the book is out of print... there may be another printing in the near future... I agree its a great book and Dave is a truly wonderful person with a great sense for bonsai (he should as he is the curator of one of the largest public collections in the PNW) ... So I will third that :p

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

I just looked at my copy. Dave signed it 16 years ago(!) I actually got mine from a workshop with him.

Top Bottom