A day to remember...

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Never forget, take a moment out of your busy day to say a prayer or just a moment of silence for all those innocent Americans that gave there lives on this day, much like Pearl Harbor. God Bless America.

keep it green,
Harry

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice post Harry and I second your thoughts.

Unfortunately I feel like the memory of that event 8 years ago has been slipping from the minds of a big segment of the American population. That is a big shame and dangerous for the safety of our country.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Nice post Harry and I second your thoughts.

Unfortunately I feel like the memory of that event 8 years ago has been slipping from the minds of a big segment of the American population. That is a big shame and dangerous for the safety of our country.

Maybe we should have a moment of prayer for those who have forgotten, or choose to forget.

BonsaiSteve

Seedling
Reaction score
It's too bad Iraq took us away from the real mission of finding Osama Bin Laden and taking out Al-qaeda. Finally we are flowing back into Afghanistan, though sadly they have re-established themselves there and now we are losing many loved American soldiers.

I saw the saddest picture the other day of a 22 year old woman laying face down crying next to a headstone in Arlington National Cemetery. The grave was that of her 23 year old fiance. I cannot imagine the pain a family goes through losing a loved one like that.

Let us not forget that happened on 9/11, and pray for all who are fighting for us now.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Maybe we should have a moment of prayer for those who have forgotten, or choose to forget.

I would be more inclined to kick their asses over there and let them live like our solders are...
Irene

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Hey Steve, please don't get offended with what I'm about to say, but they have been re-establishing themselves for the past 30 years. It's only been over the past 9 years that we ( the United States) finally stood up to them. And saddly now, we are apologizing for our actions.

Dave V.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I would be more inclined to kick their asses over there and let them live like our solders are...
Irene

That may be so and I would have a tendency to agree on the face of it but the country's future depends on some of these people changing their minds before the bad guys come over here and kick all our asses. Don't think for a minute that if we abandon our resolve and pull back our determination to solve this problem that it wont happen. As an armature student of military tactics and strategy these people know how to defeat America, its simple. Prolong the conflict as long as possible, do not engage in open war fare where you cannot possibly win against American technology and training and wait for American politicians to sell the American people that this war is a bad thing and that we should cut our loses and abandon the enterprise. That's what happened in Viet Nam. The soldiers did not lose that war the politicians did.

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
Is it just me or has our "microwave," "I want it now even if I can't afford it" generation already forgotten. Half our population already thinks it was a mistake to go into Iraq! Even though they would have been sending terrorists onto our soil in just a matter of moments after 9/11. We also forgot that all of our leaders said that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction or was in the process of getting them. Hillary Clinton, Al Gore and many more, but Bush has been made out to be the liar! Ya cause he had so much to gain!

A question for the older people on this thread that remember pearl harbor or at least grew up in that time. Do you think our current generation has forgotten compared to what you guys did to remember December 7, 1941?

Our current generation is also under the impression that our freedom is free! Please read my signature.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
The current generation has no idea what it took for us to get to where we are today, They are being taught that to solve foreign problems is through negotiations. The United Nations is the biggest waste of time and money the US has spent to date, they should be disbanded, and the building used for office space, they provide the world with nothing and it costs us a fortune. Iran is a good example, add North Korea, what a joke. Moammar Khadafy didn't take long to hand over his weapons of mass destruction after we sent a smart bomb into his palace, that's all those people understand, they see negotiations as a sign of weakness, wake up American and smell the coffee.

keep it green,
Harry

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/07/09/2009-07-09_whoa_mu.html

Last edited:

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I remember those who perished in this unfortunate cataclysm. What I was saddened as a Canadian when I heard part of Obama's speach on the radio was his ending say << the American people are with you>> vice "we" the American people are with you.

With everything transpiring, I felt sick to my stomach. May those brave souls RIP, victims of very unusual circumstances.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anti-American forces within our own country have been undermining our institutions and weakening our citizenry for eighty years, and they are now reaping the fruits of those efforts. That so many of us should respond so tepidly and forget so soon is the proof.

Combat is not the same thing as fighting. Combat aims to destroy the enemy, to demolish all present and future resistance and threat, and to do so with a fierce and brutal determination. Fighting has lesser goals, and lacks the viciousness, the kill or be killed, win or die mentality that vanquishes the enemy beyond all future ability to resist or retaliate. Our troops, although well-meaning and well equipped, are now trained, ordered and encouraged to merely fight, not to win. All wars after WWII, by design, are political and economic manipulations, never really intended to decisively conquer the enemy. But the enemies, foreign and domestic, who would see the US destroyed are not so limited in their goals: They mean to destroy us. And we have become too soft to destroy them first, or to even mount an adequately determined and sustained counter-offensive. Shame on us.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Anti-American forces within our own country have been undermining our institutions and weakening our citizenry for eighty years, and they are now reaping the fruits of those efforts. That so many of us should respond so tepidly and forget so soon is the proof.

Combat is not the same thing as fighting. Combat aims to destroy the enemy, to demolish all present and future resistance and threat, and to do so with a fierce and brutal determination. Fighting has lesser goals, and lacks the viciousness, the kill or be killed, win or die mentality that vanquishes the enemy beyond all future ability to resist or retaliate. Our troops, although well-meaning and well equipped, are now trained, ordered and encouraged to merely fight, not to win. All wars after WWII, by design, are political and economic manipulations, never really intended to decisively conquer the enemy. But the enemies, foreign and domestic, who would see the US destroyed are not so limited in their goals: They mean to destroy us. And we have become too soft to destroy them first, or to even mount an adequately determined and sustained counter-offensive. Shame on us.

Will this statement of yours was worth quoting it raised the short hairs on my neck ... well said!

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Will you are on to something. Just look at our prison systems! And Guantánamo Bay is the ultimate example. Iraq is the most precise war i think we have ever been in. When I say precision I am talking about the lake of civilian casualties. Compare that war to any other where bombs were dropped in civilian areas with very little precision. Yet Bush is called a baby killer.

We want meat, but hate the idea of an animal dying. We want everything now and for free! We want to be safe, but please don't torture a known terrorist even though they got the job done. Wake up people, freedom isn't free! As a veteran! And frankly we shouldn't care what it takes to get in-tell from terrorists! Let the military do their job and keep the civil rights confined to our own citizens.

I know this sounds horrible, but do you think Al-Qaeda follows a handbook when they get a hold of our solders? Think again. Warfare is about doing whatever it takes to destroy those who are your enemy. In the Bible days, God told the Isrealites to go in and destroy every living thing. I'm not saying that we are Israel and God told us to go kill them all. I'm just saying that in order to stop Radical Muslims, this is the only way it will stop them. Why? Because they would rather die than give up trying to kill us!

The bottom line is that this is a difficult messy, horrific situation. Kinda of like war. My prediction, (I hope I am wrong). Obama will dismantle our military just like Clinton did, but to an even greater level. We will loose touch with the most dangerous terrorist around and 9/11 will happen again but a lot worse.

One of Bush's greatest accomplishments that he gets zero credit for, is how he kept us safe after 9/11. While it's true that it happened under his watch, the main reason it happened was due to Slick Willy's underfunding of the military and the lake of surveillance on Bin Ladin.

Last edited:

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is it just me or has our "microwave," "I want it now even if I can't afford it" generation already forgotten. Half our population already thinks it was a mistake to go into Iraq! Even though they would have been sending terrorists onto our soil in just a matter of moments after 9/11. We also forgot that all of our leaders said that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction or was in the process of getting them. Hillary Clinton, Al Gore and many more, but Bush has been made out to be the liar! Ya cause he had so much to gain!

There were no weapons of mass destruction and no plan to acquire them. The Bush administration admitted as much at some point after the invasion. All the "definite proofs" that were advanced before the invasion seem to have been fabricated by the sources who gave them to the intelligence community. America, as a nation, basically have been gamed by an unreliable source that happened to be an exiled Iraqi that had a lot to gain if the power structure in Iraq changed. Analysis of Iraqi paper indicates that the WMD had ran out a long time ago and their existence was pushed as truth as a way to discourage opposition. There is a basic rule in IT that states "garbage in, garbage out"... if you feed erroneous data to a process, don't expect valid results. Whether the Bush administration was a willing accomplice in the lie or a victim of the lie is unknown at this point and likely to remain so.

There were no links whatsoever between Iraq and Al Qaeda, and there had never been, before your invasion created the chaos necessary for "Al Qaeda in Iraq" to exist. Ex Vice President Dick Cheney denied the existence of any link between Al Qaeda and Iraq earlier this year. Let me sum up the two parties: on one hand you had a secular dictatorship based on personality cult, on the other hand you had a fundamentalist Islamic movement that wants to impose sharia law and kick all the infidels off Islamic lands. Them working together makes about as much sense as the Westboro Baptist Church holding a fundraiser to lobby for gay rights.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Sorry Nut, I should have know better, I should have put this in the BAR, all I was trying to do was remind folks of the horrific day eight years ago when over 3000 of our citizens were killed for no sane reason.

keep it green,
Harry

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a

...let's also remember that the Russians were unable to defeat these people 3 decades ago, despite not being held to the same politically correct rules of engagement that the US military is forced to follow in our media inundated world of the 21st century. The US men and women fighting in Afganistan are laying there lives and wellbeing on the line and aren't being allowed to do what ever it takes. It's like starting a fist fight while being handcuffed. ...I hate to say it, but I feel we were destined to fail from the beginning:(:(

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Anytime politicans run a war, we are a heap of trouble.

keep it green,
Harry

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
There were no weapons of mass destruction and no plan to acquire them. The Bush administration admitted as much at some point after the invasion. All the "definite proofs" that were advanced before the invasion seem to have been fabricated by the sources who gave them to the intelligence community. America, as a nation, basically have been gamed by an unreliable source that happened to be an exiled Iraqi that had a lot to gain if the power structure in Iraq changed. Analysis of Iraqi paper indicates that the WMD had ran out a long time ago and their existence was pushed as truth as a way to discourage opposition. There is a basic rule in IT that states "garbage in, garbage out"... if you feed erroneous data to a process, don't expect valid results. Whether the Bush administration was a willing accomplice in the lie or a victim of the lie is unknown at this point and likely to remain so.

I'm sorry but this is simply in untrue and inaccurate statement! Our own current VP said Sadam would have Nukes with in at best a few years if not earlier! Watch this video and face the truth once and for all! You are saying that our Gov lied, both sides, Dems and Reps, I think that is preposterous. Sadam was a mad man and had the money to make it happen and that is exactly what he was doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSwSDvgw5Uc

Just watch the video.

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Way to go dude, did you check that out on Snopes before posting...........:D

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:
Top Bottom