A day wiring a hornbeam

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
geeze.... you told people I took those photos, and then you didn't comment it was with a cell phone... *aghast*

Silly person, don't get you knickers in a twist, he mentioned it on that other forum.

lol dude..... thats my wife :) .... who happens to be quite an accomplished photographer .... I only mentioned it on IBC cuz she reminded me that I forgot.... :)

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Maybe my years are off Eric, the one I did was at the Mid Atlantic convention. Would have liked to be at yours, some good compatition for sure. Phaneuf, Andolfo, and Ceronio were the judges that year.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Maybe my years are off Eric, the one I did was at the Mid Atlantic convention. Would have liked to be at yours, some good compatition for sure. Phaneuf, Andolfo, and Ceronio were the judges that year.

ahhh okay :) I was thinking of GSBF.... I still haven't entered the Joshua Roth contest yet.... but i still got a few years :)

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
ahhh okay :) I was thinking of GSBF.... I still haven't entered the Joshua Roth contest yet.... but i still got a few years :)

Worth a go even if you don't envision bonsai as a compatition, the ABS is doing it now as regionals with finals at thier convention. Most I talked to had the same thoughts I did, not for the competition, more for the lets see what I can do. The hard part was keeping the health of the bush out of mind and making a finished tree in a day, except for the potting of course.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Worth a go even if you don't envision bonsai as a compatition, the ABS is doing it now as regionals with finals at thier convention. Most I talked to had the same thoughts I did, not for the competition, more for the lets see what I can do. The hard part was keeping the health of the bush out of mind and making a finished tree in a day, except for the potting of course.

Awesome!!!! I believe this year Vic is going to enter... having been practicing a few years longer than me..... also we don't want to compete against each other :p

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
so I finished the bigger hornbeam Monday night.... should have pics up this evening... took a little over about 16+ hours or so....

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ok so for the first BonsaiNut Christmas raffle we are going to be raffling off your 3' nutcracker :)

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ok so for the first BonsaiNut Christmas raffle we are going to be raffling off your 3' nutcracker :)

LOL you'll have to talk to diane about that.... lol that is the office at the giftshop at Elandan Gardens ;) but he is helpful :p

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you mean I have photograph it again now???? :)

Attachments

• KHSideBlueOmni-Flat-copy.jpg
    KHSideBlueOmni-Flat-copy.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 38

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
LOL yeah... prolly :p .....

see!!! proof that it was a beautiful tree before I started!!! :) :)

Top Bottom