A few more rock plantings in my future...

johng

Omono
Reaction score
after 6 months of trying to source a pallet of lace rock, I had the pleasure of unloading just over 2000#s of some nice stone yesterday afternoon...in the pouring rain and lightning:)
IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

Looking forward to a few months of exploring the potential of these stones....

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Just like Christmas, maybe even better. I'm curious as to if you are going to make your own wooden trays or you have an inexpensive source for saikei pots. OH and glad to see the "gator seeker" canoe is doing just fine.

Chad D

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very nice! Is this the same type of rock used for saltwater aquariums?

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Just like Christmas, maybe even better. I'm curious as to if you are going to make your own wooden trays or you have an inexpensive source for saikei pots. OH and glad to see the "gator seeker" canoe is doing just fine.

I don't use trays for most of my rock plantings in the garden...I have a couple that I will use for display...all pottery or marble

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Very nice! Is this the same type of rock used for saltwater aquariums?

Lace Rock is often sold in fish stores and I am sure folks have used it in salt water tanks but its not base rock or live rock if that is what your thinking... It is actually a form of lava rock from Utah if I am not mistaken.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I had the pleasure of unloading just over 2000#s of some nice stone yesterday afternoon...in the pouring rain and lightning:)

Either way that is a heck of a score for you! Makes me curious though - Who will take care of all of your plants while you use up every last bit of it? :p

Grimmy

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
after 6 months of trying to source a pallet of lace rock, I had the pleasure of unloading just over 2000#s of some nice stone yesterday afternoon...in the pouring rain and lightning:)
IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1987.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

Looking forward to a few months of exploring the potential of these stones....
Datgum! That's a lotta rock! I was off yesterday and though about giving you a call, but figured ya'll weren't out of school yet.

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
looks to be some very fine pieces in there - congrats! im sure you'll do something great with them.

Top Bottom