A few photos from the Ann arbor Bonsai society show

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It was my first show, learned a lot of stuff. A few of the experienced members offered quite a bit of interesting advice and little tricks at our clubs meeting last week on how to prepare a tree for the show. I'm hoping next year I will have at least one tree presentable enough to put it in the show. The album is missing quite a few gems now that I think back on it, a native Hawthorne with teeny tiny leaves is one that comes to mind,I was chatting with the owner about it for so long forgot to take a photo.

10-brink

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
do you know which tree won people's choice? were there other awards as well?

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
There were 84 trees in the show, 62 different trees received at least one vote.

The winner with 49 votes was Bill Struhar's Larch Forest

2nd place with 32 votes was Cyril and Cathy Strachen's Scot's pine

10-brink

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Sweet. I loved the little animals in the Larch forest. That Scot's pine was my favorite though.

here's the larch forest,
IMG_20160828_150825034.jpg you can see the bears on the left side and deer on the right. IMG_20160828_150804950.jpg

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I voted for my buddy Nate's Chinese large elm, but the actual pick I would have voted for was a close call between Cyril and Kathy's white birch, and their native Hawthorne, which I didn't get a photo of becasue I was talking to Cyril about it for a while and unfortunately I forgot to photo.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I liked the larch forest as well, not so much the animals, or the placement of trees really, it did inspire me to want to make one of my own though.

Top Bottom