A Few Trees To Share

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Chris, good to see you here! Those trees are terrific, I especially like the pondy. Looks like they are residing at Mirai based on that first photo, so I assume you are still working with Ryan. Keep us posted!

Chris

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Hi Chris! Nice to hear from you too ;) That Pondy is going to be a real killer in another yr or two when I develop further the pads and needle refinement. Yes, these are still at Ryan's, which I continue to study. Basically for me now after this yr will be advanced studies. So still going strong since '12 lol

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks guys. I've successfully moved from Chicago to Portland OR. I now have all my trees at home! I'll do some updates later this yr.
Awesome! Mio Sushi is a great place, there are several in Portland. I'm looking forward to your updates.

Better update your location in your profile LOL.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Judy, ;) I've already found Mio Sushi! All the good food is downtown. I live about 20 mins away on the edge of Forest Park. Beautiful house and location. But I had to give up really good sun in keeping marital bliss for my trees lol House has total view eastward of Mt Hood, but practically no late afternoon sun. Oh well I tried my best ;D

Hi Brian! Great to hear from you! You were my very first inspiration here on the Nut and who helped me quite a bit. Thanks for all that bud ;)

I've had time to do a RMJ repot (this is extremely brittle. Broke sev. branches 2yrs ago. I grafting Kishu. Now I'm going to have Ryan do it for me while I still have tree to work with.) It's a pretty cool tree otherwise. I also did a first pot up from pumice (the pine). My first 'modern' looking pot with the angled sides. I hope I made the right decision lol

The little Spruce is my very first styling of this species from last fall. Potted it up the previous spring as it was so strong after the potting.

Lastly, I don't have a good pot for the cascade pine and little money left over from the move...so till next yr. Bummer. The pic isn't the front btw. Hard to do on my own with no wood blocks to be had.

Biggest problem is that I don't have benches for all my trees. I may sell my yews and a few others...

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome ;-)
Chris

Yes...I'm a terrible photographer!

Attachments

• 57679673019__17E3EAD3-3E75-436E-8607-AB26D5027B78.JPG
    57679673019__17E3EAD3-3E75-436E-8607-AB26D5027B78.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Judy, ;) I've already found Mio Sushi! All the good food is downtown. I live about 20 mins away on the edge of Forest Park. Beautiful house and location. But I had to give up really good sun in keeping marital bliss for my trees lol House has total view eastward of Mt Hood, but practically no late afternoon sun. Oh well I tried my best ;D
We will be thru there again in January most likely, maybe do lunch! That is a nice area, glad you found a good spot to settle. Maybe you could do some selective pruning to get more sun. Just thinning canopy can do wonders.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That was a shocker to see you pop up in Portland. Beautiful city but the pollen is a killer if you are allergic to grass—most of the grass seed in the US is grown south of town. Sorry to hear your will sell the yews. I finally dug one big one in my neighbor’s yard a couple weeks ago and have two more still in the ground to collect next spring once they bud back. Good luck with the Mirai thing. Is that a full time apprenticeship or just something on the side?

fore

Omono
Reaction score
It's just something on the side. I started in '12. This yr I'm only doing one advanced study group...simply 5 days in the workshop.

And Judy, lunch would be wonderful!

Top Bottom