A Ficus success!

Indoor Trees

Yamadori
Reaction score
I have a Ficus about a foot tall. When the leaves started dropping I thought it may be dead. So, doing some reading I discovered that advanced keepers would do a severe pruning and that could stimulate growth of new foliage. Expecting nothing I trimmed the branches containing any leaves all back. I watered and fertilized as usual and low and behold leaves are growing all over now.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There are a lot of ficus from very diverse habitats. There are some that drop leaves as a response to drought. Some are partially deciduous, some deciduous and some evergreen. The willow leaf enjoys a period of dormancy. Also there are ficus like benjamini that respond to moving by dropping leaves. I have a lot of ficus tales as I have about 15 or so species and cultivars, maybe more.
Still, I am continuing to work out the peculiarities of each.
A picture, or at the very least the name of your type of ficus will warrant you better responses.

Indoor Trees

Yamadori
Reaction score
Sorry, here it is. It was almost bare at the time I pruned it all the way back.

Attachments

• IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 32

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well whatever kind of snit it was in must be over with. It looks very healthy. It is probably a Tiger Bark.

Indoor Trees

Yamadori
Reaction score
Well whatever kind of snit it was in must be over with. It looks very healthy. It is probably a Tiger Bark.
Yes, in fact it is a Tiger Bark. Very astute of you. Proof Ficus are hardy because I am no bonsai master. 🤣

Top Bottom