A good tip on dealing with wire scars...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sharing this link...because it's genius! We try not to permit scaring. But let's face it...wire scars can happen when life gets cray and our time is divided more.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I suppose this is one area where my sloppy wiring might acctually help. Less even wiring leads to less even scarring. Knock out the worst spots like in the link and I can salvage early projects gone wrong very easily.
Silver linings, people!
lol

GraceM709

Seed
Reaction score
Sharing this link...because it's genius! We try not to permit scaring. But let's face it...wire scars can happen when life gets cray and our time is divided more.
Hi I have a question regarding wire scaring on a young juniper still in a grow pot, in development.
The tree had some struggling branches so I gave up and changed my plan for the tree. I removed those branches and suddenly the tree came back with massive growth. Before i realized about 90% of the wire was cutting into the branches. Not just minimal but major.
I quickly removed the wire which was only in place under a year. The shape was not help so I had to re apply the wire. I was careful not to apply into the sharing but I cant remember if you are supposed to re wire in the same direction or in the opposte direction. And am I supposed to wait to re wire? The structure is totally lost without the wire in place. I'm afraid it will suffer from loss of sun on the inside branches.
Any recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks

Top Bottom