A Jade Tree I Have been "Styling" For Five Years

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
My Mom has been growing this tree for almost twenty year in the Yukon. She managed to get it to flower every year, the only Jade trees I have seen in bloom. Every year or so I would go up and prune it back because it would get too big for her and she was afraid of killing it. When she moved out of the Yukon a two months ago I kept got to keep her three jades for driving the moving truck south. One got most of its branches knocked off in the move and the other I gave to a friend. This one lost lots of branches too, but they were all really long and gangly. I repotted it 10 days ago (when I too the picture) and I IMG_1995.JPG am just letting it bounce back before I give it another trim in a month or so. It is pushing new leaves already.

IMG_1986.JPG IMG_1990.JPG IMG_1992.JPG IMG_1993.JPG IMG_1994.JPG

aphid

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice bark. They aren't usually rough like these.

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
Most of the bark is smoother then when I got it from the repot. A good grip was necessary to break the flower potting soil and the roots away. It sat in the rain for three weeks and the water only went into the soil an inch. Hopefully it won't take too long for the bark to get rough again.

Top Bottom