A little inspiration for boxwood enthusiasts

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Ths boxwood was growing in someones yard as a shrub when it was collected. It belongs to a friend of mine and is the best example of a boxwood I've had the pleasure to view in person. it's one of few non conifers I've ever lusted over..........:)

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 213

M.B.

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love it! Thanks Harry. I'm a big fan of boxwoods. Bought 4 Kingvilles at the REBS show yesterday. I don't blame you for lusting after this one. They are great trees.
Mary B.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a great tree. The pot is nice too. The blue compliments the tan trunk nicely.

Do you know if the pot is handmade?

Rob

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
This is a great tree. The pot is nice too. The blue compliments the tan trunk nicely.

Do you know if the pot is handmade?

Rob

Sorry, I never asked.

keep it green,
Harry

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Harry a lovely tree... however i seem to remember you telling us previously that this tree had passed on to tree heaven... is that correct?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Hey Ang you have a good memory, but in it's day it was a beautiful, don't you agree.

keep it green,
Harry

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey Ang you have a good memory, but in it's day it was a beautiful, don't you agree.

keep it green,
Harry

It is without a doubt a beautiful!! tree. One ANYONE should be proud to own. The pot and tree combination are also marvelous, your friend did a magnificent job.

I asked only to verify that my memory was not failing me :)

jjbacoomba

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dont mean to hijack this thread, but when is the best time to dig up some boxwoods I have growing near my back porch. They have been there for some time seems like. They have really nice trunks, lots of healthy growth. Thanks, Joe

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
Great Boxwood. I love this species.

So what is your opinion guys: How many trees like this exist in landscapes all around the country just begging to be dug up?

There are a few landscape trees in my neighbor hood that I have my eye on. Now just how to bribe the owners into letting me dig them up... maybe I can trade them for some of my Japanese maple seedlings? I have tons of these and everybody seems to want maples in their yards.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Boxwood has been a staple of landscapes here in the East for almost 300 years. Some landscape plants rival those old conifers out west in character.

I've posted this photo before, but here it is again. Boxwoods from the allee at George Mason's home in Fairifax County, Va. These are "dwarf" variety plants, but they're over 200 years old:
http://www.gunstonhall.org/grounds/landscape_features/boxwood_allee_lg.jpg

Top Bottom