A little shoo-in JBP

Dartfrog

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
That JBP is superb. How old is it? I'm currently trying to achieve something similar from seedling, but I think I'm ages away from a decent trunk development.

🦎

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That JBP is superb. How old is it? I'm currently trying to achieve something similar from seedling, but I think I'm ages away from a decent trunk development.

🦎
I’d guess 15 to 20 years old.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well that's sad! Why did he stop?

Got sick of the trolls and the misinformation that is/was becoming rampant on the site.
He always tried to correct the information and often got vilified for it.

It really is unfortunate because he is a wealth of knowledge and experience and is always willing to teach.
He has the trees to back up what he says too. I know I learned a lot from him over the years.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Got sick of the trolls and the misinformation that is/was becoming rampant on the site.
He always tried to correct the information and often got vilified for it.

It really is unfortunate because he is a wealth of knowledge and experience and is always willing to teach.
He has the trees to back up what he says too. I know I learned a lot from him over the years.
Is that what he told you or just speculation? Adair always struck me as a thick skinned chap, I doubt any trolls could of run him away, tbf I really dont see much troll activity on the site.
Fwiw if one wants to benefit from anybodies knowledge on here all one has to do is use the search engine and type in whatever species/topic along with user names or go direct to user and sift through any topic theyve created. Its very simple. The user doesnt even need to be here. Most questions have been answered dozens of times.

Sometimes people might just want a break from it all, for whatever reasons, which is fine.

Last edited:

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is that what he told you or just speculation? Adair always struck me as a thick skinned chap, I doubt any trolls could of run him away, tbf I really dont see much troll activity on the site.
Fwiw if one wants to benefit from anybodies knowledge on here all one has to do is use the search engine and type in whatever species/topic along with user names or go direct to user and sift through any topic theyve created. Its very simple. The user doesnt even need to be here. Most questions have been answered dozens of times.

Sometimes people might just want a break from it all, for whatever reasons, which is fine.

I've spoken to Adair and the reason given by Paradox is pretty accurate. Saw Adair at the National Show and suggested he should return to bnut but he didn't seem interested.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I've spoken to Adair and the reason given by Paradox is pretty accurate. Saw Adair at the National Show and suggested he should return to bnut but he didn't seem interested.
Ah I see, fair enough.

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sadly Adair doesn't post here any more
That is sad... I've seen a ton of great info from him going through old threads. It's disappointing learning that he left shortly before I joined...

Top Bottom