a little wiring on the fuk. tea

Reaction score
I did a little wiring on one of my fukien teas... I am not sure if the overall size is starting to get a bit to big for trunk ? Kinda like it though...
I have grown this in a pretty deep pot, cause I keep it mostly in the sun, and the top braches kinda took off so I thought it was time.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
"I am not sure if the overall size is starting to get a bit to big for trunk ?"

Yes IMHO, I think that "new top branch" should be made into a cutting, and develope the canopy where it is, this doesn't need to be any taller.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think you could go either way by keeping that leader or cutting it off. I do think, however, that the overall balance looks better with that leader on rather than off, especially with that secondary trunk that you have. Cool tree.

Reaction score
i like its trunk proportion. gives it a character of its own and lends itself to looking more natural i think. great tree btw. i love its movement.

Reaction score
thanks, I really appreciate the comments, I did not wire the the leader branch cause it is still rather thin and really wasn't sure about it... I always figure if I am not sure, I should just leave it alone till I am...

Top Bottom