a LOT of Neglected Zelkovas...

Dutchland

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I Have a Lot of Zelkova Serratas... All Approx. 12-14 Years Old. Seriously Neglected for the Last 10+ Years.
There are Somewhere Between 20-30 Total. This Species is Super Hearty. In Fact, Out of Hundreds of Trident Maples, Dawn Redwoods, Euro Birch, Gingko, Mugo, and Many More Left Potted Outside the Last Decade, These are The Sole Survivors. Pretty Sure They are Indestructible, Which is Great for Bonsai... I Don't Expect a Frail Species to Last in a Shallow Pot for Many Years, Especially in my Care.

zel12.JPG

Anyway, Its Time for Me to Go Through and Start Showing These Guys Some Love.
All Have Potential, Obviously Some more Than Others.

All Need Re-potted and Worked, Several Grew Through Their Pots Which Gave Them Massive Trunks That are Going to Require a Severe Chop.
zel.JPG
#1 Zelkova Serrata

Some Others Stayed in There Pots and Well on There Way.
zel11.JPG
#2 Zelkova Serrata

I am Open to Trades if Your Looking for a Zelkova for Your Collection... Especially for Pines, Maples, Larches, Birch, Cedrus Ect...

-Dutch

Dutchland

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
And the Madness Begins...

#1 Zelkova Serrata has Probably the Biggest Trunk of All of Them and is Certainly the Tallest. Stands About 15 Foot!!
It was Chopped Back a Few Years Ago but Nothing Else was Done.
zel.JPG zel9.JPG zel2.JPG zel6.JPG

Re-Potted and Ready for the Chop....
zel9.JPG zel10.JPG

Before:
zel14.JPG

After:
zel16.JPG zel15.JPG

And I'll Leave This One Alone for Now... Too Many Need More Immediate Attention.

#2 Was Also Chopped Back a Couple Years Ago and Left Alone. This One Never Really Rooted Drastically into the Ground So its Certainly one of the Smallest.
I Repotted Her Day and Will be Adding Some Training Wires Soon. This is One of my Favorites and IMO has Some of Best Potential.
zel11.JPG

-Dutch

Top Bottom