a magnificent obsession

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
That's what I see my interest in display as. No matter what I find, I can always use something more, something else....:)

So when my friend jason decided to make some jittas out of a maple burl, I had to have the first one.

I hope to use it in my tokonoma with kusamono and tenpai along with the bonsai, but can also justify having it for my 5 point shohin display.

about 3/8ths of an inch thick, over two feet long and close to a foot wide in the middle.

Attachments

• IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 44

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice. BTW, i'm pretty sure it's jiita...:D Made my own a while back and did some research.

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Ooh, nice! Not everyone does them right. It is so important to have that live edge all the way around. Lookin' good! Are you going to be entering the Toko Kazari this year?

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Living here in the pcific NW, the opportunities to be involved in shows are much more limited
then down your way. Most of my emphasis is on coming up with some great home tokonoma
displays.

i have been invited to submit some entrees for a juried suiseki show to be held in march.

last year I did manage to get one accepted :)

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Awesome! Well, if you think you can win, there's $2500 in it for ya. That should pay for a plane ticket ;)

Top Bottom