A must have program for this site

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
Just found what I think is the fastest easiest way to re-size pictures for upload to this site.

MICROSOFT POWERTOYS : IMAGE RESIZER

This FREE program lets you right click on an unopened image and re-size it to what ever size you choose. Then it will make a copy of it for you, without having to rename it and without having to open any annoying programs.

http://www.toggle.com/lv/group/view/kl37098/Microsoft_Powertoys_Image_Resizer.htm

Tell me what you guys think.

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Grizzly, the program could be a big help as we all know about having to change camera setting to take pictures that can upload. Being on 56k dial-up I will wait and download at work with fast access. But I would recommend using the Microsoft site, when you download from the "free" sites, most of the time you get more than you think.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx
Thanks,
Michael

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
The great administration on this site has agreed to make the upload size 640 pixels! This is really great and works really well with this software. No need to go into the custom size setting anymore. Just save as a generic small size and you are there in one step! Thanks BN!

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
grizzlywon, I have not had a chance to download the program you talked about.
But did find a quick work around, to save one from having to change the camera settings when taking pictures to upload here. Once the pictures are on your computer you can Click once on a picture to select it, then Right Click and select "send to" then pick "mail recipient" this will open your email program (it must be OutLook or OutLook Express) it will ask if you want to make "all my pictures smaller" Choose yes (this does not make your existing pictures small, just the ones selected to send. And it is just for sending, it does not make a change to the actual picture on your computer.) At this point you will see the picture listed in OutLook as an Attachment, now click on the attached picture and select "save as". You can rename it for upload, which is a 4.5 mb picture that is now 65k.
It may not have as much flexibility as the software you are using but may be a bit closer to what some people use daily.
Hope this Helps,
Michael

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mac user?

FYI for MAc users: There is also a free dashboard widget that any kindergartner could use called "image shackle". With this you can pick any size image you need... and it takes all of 2 seconds. :D

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Some of us Linux users can do that easily with GIMP.

Top Bottom