A new path for the California Bonsai Society

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
A couple of days ago at the end of our 61st Exhibition I took over as President of California Bonsai Society, with the mandate of bringing the club into the 21st century and turning it into a resource for other southern California clubs and the bonsai community as a whole.
One way we're going to do that is by bringing in bonsai professionals from Japan, Europe, across the country etc.. We will then make these pro's available to the local clubs as demonstrators and or workshop leaders. Thelocal clubs will get access to people they otherwise never could afford to bring in just by paying what they normally would for a demonstrator.
We also have a member who is reaching out to the local clubs teaching them how to do live streams over Facebook.
Another thing we're going to do is start a scholarship in Ben Oki's name and make a number of grants each year that can pay for someone to take some classes or a workshop with a pro etc.. In return the recipient will have to do a write up and take some photos for the newsletter to share what they learnt with more people. This will be open to anyone in the bonsai community to apply. Details will be finalized soon.
We will soon have a new website up and running that will among other things chronicle the history of one of the oldest clubs in the country as well as many of the pioneers of American bonsai.
Keep an eye on the California Bonsai Society facebook page as it becomes more active and yet another way we can share with the bonsai community in general.
Watch for more exciting news in the coming months as more changes are made.
I'm looking forward to this new challenge and am honored to be entrusted with the leadership of one of the premier American bonsai institutes.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And Already making moves.

Promising.

You're the man BP!

Sorce

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Details on how to apply for the Ben Oki scholarship will becoming soon. It will be open to anyone in the bonsai not just CBS members. In fact belonging to a club isn't even going to be required. It'll be on the CBS Facebook page and I'll post them here.

Top Bottom