A nod to my pops

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just wanted to take a sec to give some love to the man who cultivated my love for plants and gardening. He leaves for Phoenix this week for a lung transplant and there’s no guarantee he’ll make his way back. I’m hopeful and confident he’ll come out the back side a new man, ready to tackle all these seedlings him and I have been growing lately. I’m sharing a few pics of the garden he built (with mine and my brothers labor of course 😂) at my child hood home outside of Santa Fe NM, that is no longer in my family. All of these shots were taken around 15 or more years ago.

So here’s to him and his spectacular mind and an eye for a quality garden. Love ya Pops.

4B410B81-F1CE-4296-A9BD-010B420A8053.jpeg
7897077E-7E5A-4877-824C-36E130905432.jpegFE560689-53B2-43DE-AB2C-FCC09667F069.jpeg18DBE935-CE94-461A-85FB-3FD4A16AA7FE.jpeg

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great you mention your pop may God be with him🥰. Brings back so many memories of my own nearly 23 years gone now. He pulled up my very first tree when I was about 12. It was a wild Pear. I love you pop and always remember😢.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Positive attitudes are obviously very helpful when dealing with these things, and it looks like he has one. Let's get this surgery over with so he can hit the ground running again.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Prayers up for your pop! A little warm in Phoenix this week. They have fantastic doctors here.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Beautiful garden, wishing the best for your dad.

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Thoughts and prayers seen with your family. Hope everything goes well and he recovers quickly.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For fu@k sake.

As plants replenish our oxygen.
May his new parts replenish his.

Bless you my friend, miracle time!

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hug.gif

...bro hug for Papa Hart...gonna' clear out a bottle of Tito's toasting his health!! Let him know some "bonsai fruits" are holding his spirit close to our own and will be pulling for him....

....was supposed to be in Colorado this week visiting my old man. Needs cataract procedure but can't get in the hospital........and travel is pretty much out of the question.....

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a sec to give some love to the man who cultivated my love for plants and gardening. He leaves for Phoenix this week for a lung transplant and there’s no guarantee he’ll make his way back. I’m hopeful and confident he’ll come out the back side a new man, ready to tackle all these seedlings him and I have been growing lately. I’m sharing a few pics of the garden he built (with mine and my brothers labor of course 😂) at my child hood home outside of Santa Fe NM, that is no longer in my family. All of these shots were taken around 15 or more years ago.

So here’s to him and his spectacular mind and an eye for a quality garden. Love ya Pops.

View attachment 299061
View attachment 299062View attachment 299063View attachment 299064
Best of luck to Pops! He'll do great! Lovely garden.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
T
View attachment 299180

...bro hug for Papa Hart...gonna' clear out a bottle of Tito's toasting his health!! Let him know some "bonsai fruits" are holding his spirit close to our own and will be pulling for him....

....was supposed to be in Colorado this week visiting my old man. Needs cataract procedure but can't get in the hospital........and travel is pretty much out of the question.....
Thanks Lance. Hope your pops gets the procedure he needs sooner than later. Hoping my dads lung issues and eventual compromised immunity after procedure, makes it through this covid shit. My belief lies in those medical pros who will handle his situation best. Cheers to you and I’ll pop a drink myself tonight and air salute you across the country. 👊🏻👍🏻

Top Bottom