A Not So Lazy Sunday Afternoon With The Kids

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thought I'd share some pics of my kids' trees after a bit of repotting today.
Cold and soggy snow today, so we kicked aside the kitchen rug and dragged buckets of sand and compost inside.

My oldest was first up with her yew.
IMG_20220306_204137_278.jpg
Smaller prettier pot than the nursery can, and better soil than the mulch.

Oddly, my youngest two - 3 and 6 respectively - were the more focused and attentive ones today. My youngest daughter so much so I was able to get a pic of her working on her benjie.
IMG_20220306_131527_855.jpg
Yes, those are furry pink clip on bear ears.

My son likes his succulents apparently. He picked a jade.
IMG_20220306_204542_524.jpg
He's asked about trading it in for a variegated portulacaria cutting I recently started. We'll have to see.

My middle daughter was quite distractible, but still thought she deserved one of the 7 gardenia cuttings we separated from one pot.
IMG_20220306_204550_250.jpg
She insisted on the one that was flowering of course, and promptly set it in her room... right next to the heater vent... after repeated warnings not to. 🤦

Anyways, proud dad has to share.
Thanks.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thought I'd share some pics of my kids' trees after a bit of repotting today.
Cold and soggy snow today, so we kicked aside the kitchen rug and dragged buckets of sand and compost inside.

My oldest was first up with her yew.
View attachment 423114
Smaller prettier pot than the nursery can, and better soil than the mulch.

Oddly, my youngest two - 3 and 6 respectively - were the more focused and attentive ones today. My youngest daughter so much so I was able to get a pic of her working on her benjie.
View attachment 423115
Yes, those are furry pink clip on bear ears.

My son likes his succulents apparently. He picked a jade.
View attachment 423116
He's asked about trading it in for a variegated portulacaria cutting I recently started. We'll have to see.

My middle daughter was quite distractible, but still thought she deserved one of the 7 gardenia cuttings we separated from one pot.
View attachment 423117
She insisted on the one that was flowering of course, and promptly set it in her room... right next to the heater vent... after repeated warnings not to. 🤦

Anyways, proud dad has to share.
Thanks.
Awesome getting the kids involved. Why did you separate and repot the Gardenias now?

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Awesome getting the kids involved. Why did you separate and repot the Gardenias now?
A bit early, I know. They seem healthy enough to endure it.
The real reason is I'm thinking ahead. I don't live in the best end of town right now, and it will have to go outside sooner or later, so I'm hedging my bets against theft with multiples. I also know I'll be broke for the foreseeable future, and whether or not she's the psycho I just divorced, their mom is getting one in bloom for mother's day.
There's a few with newly forming buds that, if they survive the repotting, will be about ready to pop by then.

Top Bottom