A "park" composition

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know this is not very popular in Bnut, but couldn't refrain to share this composition (I know it's not an original one) with a pyracantha coccinea. Just expecting to have lot of berries in fall....

JMK_1030.jpg

Attachments

• JMK_1030.jpg
    JMK_1030.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Your park composition is a reason why I would like a penjing et al. style subforum. There we can talk about fitting a bonsai to a setting and where to get or how to make complementary pieces such as statues, miniature things.

For example in Hòn non bộ all I have to say is I want a setting of “Ngư tiều canh mục” (a very ambitious setting depicting fisherman, lumberjack, farmer, and shepherd) then I know the bonsai species that fit each subset and the general setting that can depict all such as mountain side leading to a river, lake, or ocean. This tells me I will have a rather large set with multiple trees that should be kifu or smaller.

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Love it!

I'm a little surprised that you haven't requested to work with me creating some pieces for your scenes.

I like making these types of structure/figures...

@Crawforde has a chicken coop I made..

@Balbs has a "Four-Foot-shack" I did.

I have this bisqued pass-bridge that's waiting to go to @penumbra when he's feeling up to taking on some projects ORRR i bisque a larger, "scape"-style textured pot that I owe him through our trades..

(NEXT kiln load will have a garden bridge for Mwar15)

@TinyArt has a horse stable from RIGHT when I started getting good.. all other pieces are from
a little later on. It'd be sweet (and much appreciated) if some of them would share some pics.

Anyways, Fidur...

You have Ideas... I have Ideas and clay.

We both share a love of these compositions.

What are some of your ideas?

I'm stuck on US Colonial Schoolhouses, pumpwells, and grain silos at the moment...

Varying states of dilapidation...

What've you been thinking about lately?

(I'm also returning to "country huts" as well)

Balbs

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
@Balbs has a "Four-Foot-shack" I did.
Sure do! I’m actually saving it for an Aspen playing games be got in early development. I want it to feel like some of the old ghost towns in that area. For now it’s under the shade of an Chinese elm in a @sorce pot.5B6B3832-D126-40DD-AC51-FDF11D44D4FC.jpeg

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@TinyArt has a horse stable from RIGHT when I started getting good
...Sudden kick to the brain, made me remember the tiny saikei horse that I bought as a kid (not knowing what it was), and put onto a driftwood "mountain." As of this moment, it becomes the backdrop for the stable and someday-trees!
😀😀😀

Fidur

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice. What time of year do you prune your pyracantha to facilitate the best flowering/fruiting?
Thanks Colorado. To be honest, I bought this tree last june as you see in the pic and it was already flowering, and it is flowering right now in some spots in the back of the tree.

IMG_20220609_192217 (1).jpg
So I have no real experience with facilitating the flowering of pyracantha.
As of today, it's been growing fast and healthy. All I have done so far is fertilze and prune the branches that get out of the shape.
BTW, it's a thornless variety, a relief for my hands.

Weta

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Cool, I'm a fan of scenes/dioramas.
Its interesting to see something different, personalised, customised.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Update: One and a half years since I bought it....

View attachment 519917

¡Ñooooooos!

¡Creo qué lo parace buenisimo, herman!

En verdad, Eres un puntal de estes composiciones...

Keep it up, friend!

(Yes, I looked up ONE of those colloquial expressions! 🤣)

Top Bottom