A project JBP beginning to shape up.

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score
Needles are so short I thought it was a jwp. Great job and material.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I like the direction of that lower right branch. What are those guy wires fastened to?

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts/commentary at this point in the development of a pine regarding the future apex.

Right now, are you thinking about the “finished” apex at all? Too early? Already have it planned out?

The primary/defining/directional branch is clearly established, but I’ve noticed your apices to be very nice so I’m just wondering when you start thinking about and taking action towards developing the apex on your pines.

I’m assuming it will originate from the tuft of foliage to the right of the sacrifice. But happy to stand corrected!

Thanks!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts/commentary at this point in the development of a pine regarding the future apex.

Right now, are you thinking about the “finished” apex at all? Too early? Already have it planned out?

The primary/defining/directional branch is clearly established, but I’ve noticed your apices to be very nice so I’m just wondering when you start thinking about and taking action towards developing the apex on your pines.

I’m assuming it will originate from the tuft of foliage to the right of the sacrifice. But happy to stand corrected!

Thanks!

Right now, I’m planning to build the apex from the tuft directly in front of the base of the sacrifice. But, there’s an alternate apex behind the sacrifice. So, I haven’t decided. I am planning on placing a few more grafts on the upper section, and depending upon how they do, they could change the entire apex.

Top Bottom