A raintree at 52 degrees North

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ohw, enjoy the flowers! it will grow too now. Remember mine flowered the first winter here? grew well too.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
ohw, enjoy the flowers! it will grow too now. Remember mine flowered the first winter here? grew well too.
Well, I am afraid flowers will take away energy from the leaves.
I remember yours blooming in the winter, it seemed to me that the plant was confused about the seasons, having come from Copacabana straight to winterland!
But them mine is native here, but the behaviour is similar to yours.
Weird.
Let's see.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Energy already consumed in the forming of the flower bud itself. Enjoy them, the tree has already "paid for them". I don't think these will hinder vigor in any way.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a

Energy already consumed in the forming of the flower bud itself. Enjoy them, the tree has already "paid for them". I don't think these will hinder vigor in any way.

OK guys! You have convinced me.
As soon as it blooms I will update it here, thanks!

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
So.. Moved outside. Unhappy with how this is developing. Seems like I hit a plateau

View attachment 486337
It looks much better than both of mine.
This thornless cultivar has been a pain to grow. Very poor ramification and the tree takes ages do send out some shoots.
Now both trees are bare, having dropped their leaves at the sign of the first chill.

Top Bottom