A really COOL Olive...I don't to temperate trees so I'm passing it along

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Actually a reasonable price too, I like it.
That was my thought too. But I killed a bottlebrush which was in the same classification group for wintering. I won't be selfish and offer this the same fate. I'm to far north. Without the appropriate wintering system. With our losing power in winter...nope won't risk it to even try to keep them.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Darlene,

a little confused, we grow olives down here.
Temperate ??????????

Perhaps Sub-tropical.
Good Day
Anthony

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hee hee, hee,
Darlene,

we grow rosemary as well. So you can try small test plants.
Remember our cold is low of 68 deg.F and only on so many days, more likely 70 deg.F.
I suggest test plants, as I found the Ebay plant a bit pricey.
Best of growing.
Good Day
Anthony.

* Would love to take you to Paramin, where they plant spices standing up.

http://www.triniview.com/paramin/paraminbn.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Anthony...I killed a Rosemary and a bottlebrush sadly. Both considered temperate trees. No more experiments...plus I hated having three locations to tend in winter months.

They plant like that in Honduras as well. I grew up on a farm with somewhat flat Plains for planting. So the mountain side fields was mind boggling to me when I seen them.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
... ...as I found the Ebay plant a bit pricey... ...
I totally agree with you. It's indeed pricey, considering those very young shoots having almost no movement. Let alone ramification.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I totally agree with you. It's indeed pricey, considering those very young shoots having almost no movement. Let alone ramification.
Eye of the beholder...there is new growth on the right...that is full of potential. Right side needs redeveloped...Great bones and the rest tweaked. I don't feel it needs to be that tall on the right anyways. If I bought it...it would he redesigned. But I can't keep temperate trees. Or I would be all over it. Just for the raw potential I can envision.

As mentioned before...there is a fool who is willing then it's worth it. I would be that fool. Because I see beyond what is there now...but what can be created.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I understand what you say.
Don't get me wrong... It's all about differentiation of personal criteria :)

This is something I would consider buying for less than US $698.94 i.e. for just £275.00 = €319 = US $338 Plus it's Olea europea sylvestris which means smaller leaves!

p1170401.jpg
http://www.kaizenbonsai.com/yamadori-wild-olive-bonsai-material-rm905

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Man,I've enjoyed looking at that sites eye candy. Lucky dog for being able to purchase from them.

Each one...tells their own story that is for sure. The deadwood on the other...reminds me of mountains in the far distance...maybe because we do a lot of hiking. Which is why it caught my fancy. Which is why I feel the trees can be shorter to expose it more.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Just stumbled on to this thread and the second sentence made me chuckle.
Giggling ... that's what ya get when you take the advice of people wet behind the ears. I don't own a larch for that very reason as well...and now know better. Now I'm to full to add one. I've space for a raft that I intend to add in 2-3 years when my contact is ready to sell. Collected last year. So he has guidelines before he sells them. I've space for one of those yamadori deciduous rafts. 😁

That is quite funny...the second sentence20230820_170950.jpg20240314_101845.jpg...with now two on the bench. The wee one...a trial run of sorts.

Top Bottom