A Remembrance and a New Stand

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hard to find, but so good. I love many greens differing ones with season... and oolong in winter.
Interesting stuff tea. All comes from the same plant Camellia sinensis. Just treated differently during processing. Fermentation and packing methods. White tea is a good substitute if one cannot find yellow tea which is hard to find since so little of it is produced and mostly consumed by Old Chinese Men looking at their look-alike trees.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Interesting stuff tea. All comes from the same plant Camellia sinensis. Just treated differently during processing. Fermentation and packing methods. White tea is a good substitute if one cannot find yellow tea which is hard to find since so little of it is produced and mostly consumed by Old Chinese Men looking at their look-alike trees.
I must be an old chinese man...
They also pick at differing times from what I understand, and sometimes, monkeys pick them. LOL>..

I do also have a huge love for white tea, but it is so different than yellow. I will send you a sample of my yellow if you'd like. The place I used to get it from folded, so I bought much of it and sealed it in airless storage.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I must be an old chinese man...
They also pick at differing times from what I understand, and sometimes, monkeys pick them. LOL>..

I do also have a huge love for white tea, but it is so different than yellow. I will send you a sample of my yellow if you'd like. The place I used to get it from folded, so I bought much of it and sealed it in airless storage.

Thank you for the offer. I would much rather have this....wait for it.

We all know that China, Taiwan, Ceylon/ Sri Lanka and India are known for tea. We see all the fields and see the thousands of plants growing on the hill sides. Each one a Camellia Sinensis. I am sure they would make beautiful bonsai????

20884123-tea-plantations-in-state-kerala-india.jpg

53413147-tea-picking.jpg

29389890453_632d525f0f_b.jpg

Tea-picking-Season-Arrives-at-Worlds-Highest-Plantation.jpg

Each one of these plants is continually pinched and pruned with a total pruning during the monsoon. This is to revitalize the plant. What I want is not the tea...I want the stump!!!

images-18.jpg

0023ae69624d14d520e60f.jpg

le-theier.jpg

See if you can contact this guy and get this one!!!!!!

theier-arrache-jorhat.jpg

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Hard to find, but so good. I love many greens differing ones with season... and oolong in winter.
Then there's matcha on those special days. Or, does matcha make it a special day?

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Or pu erh, from old trees, up to 500 years, with large leaves. A whole different animal. I usually begin the day with a cup.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
I am sure they would make beautiful bonsai????
They would for sure. And there are some old trees here with wrinkly branches but I just never got around to it. Perfect for large layers.

Top Bottom