A Rescued Mugo pine... found its home :)

palagaban

Sapling
Reaction score
Last summer I found a mugo pine thrown in a corner lot here in my area. It was maybe used as a hedge and the owner might have dug and threw it, hoping that the trash collector would clean it. Luckily a bonsaist came to rescue it... :) I was so glad that it had a small rootball that was intact and it was able to fuel the remaining foliage that it had. I was skeptic at first if it would make it through the winter. Here in Norway we have a very harsh winter and very unpredictable, but it was a tough tree and it pulled through. Given that it did not gave up I owe it to the tree to give it a suitable home. So I planted it on a rock... here is the finish piece :)6CD1B1B6-EBB5-4912-A8FD-91860AA3A80A.jpeg close up look of the tree FEAA0CE5-703A-497F-BABD-93265F882B88.jpegdifferent angle72D3BD9F-2A5A-482B-B6EC-A830938DD482.jpegCF8B806E-0DE6-4D51-983B-1AB20A702C0D.jpegAnd it is starting to wake up in its winterslumber..... Buds starting to swell 07054022-787E-47B9-AEBD-664AFEBF9945.jpegit is a bit leggy right now but 3-4 years of TLC... we will see where this tough Mugo will take us to its bonsai journey.... :)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A challenging piece of material, but a great story! I look forward to seeing where you go with it!

palagaban

Sapling
Reaction score
@Bonsainut - thank you sir.. yes a really challenging piece of material but this makes this art more fun... as of the moment my vision is depicting a natural scene where a mugo is hanging on cliff holding on for dear life and is bombarded by the elements. To show how hard life is and yet there is beauty in the struggle to survive, to not give up and to find peace amidst chaos. :) we will see

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Some wire, some bending - got to get the foliage down around those branch stubs (and make them into jins). Take a look a Pavel Slovak's work for inspiration, if you haven't already (he has his own web site an regularly posts in the Komunitas Seniman group on Face Book).

Lots of fun ahead :cool:

palagaban

Sapling
Reaction score
@osoyoung - thank you sir... Pavel Slovak is a good artist and i like his work. I will focus on the health of the tree first and we will go fro there after.... :)

Top Bottom