A Score, Maybe?

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
John, did you mostly employ clip and grow on these?
Thanks

crab apple

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I love seeing these big yaupon holly's. They are so plentiful in the woods around here they are literally everywhere. If all I could have were just Yaupon and BC I'd be happy.
The last one I got was also a really old and large landscape Yaupon that probably no human had touched for at least the last 10 years, I wonder why it didn't revert back to a tall leggy plant in that time? as they are typically more tree like than bush like in the fields around here. It was still looking like a hedge type plant, very compact like a box wood or something.

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Great job! I have one about the same size. Like yours, it's really ramified. Mine seems to be a male plant also......... no berries in 4 years. I have a much smaller one that is full of berries.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great trees. Awesome job with the progression. How long do you leave wire on typically for branches to hold?

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Great job! I have one about the same size. Like yours, it's really ramified. Mine seems to be a male plant also......... no berries in 4 years. I have a much smaller one that is full of berries.
I hope to bring this one in even tighter, gonna see what I get with the trim

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I find, with this kind of tree, I forget most of the classic bonsai guidelines and just get the foliage pulled down and more evenly distributed.

Top Bottom