A Slow Transformation

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have been practicing bonsai for about seven years now. This is one of the first trees that I obtained. It is also was one of the slowest.

Attachments

• Boxwood-twin-trunk-4a.jpg
    Boxwood-twin-trunk-4a.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Boxwood-twin-trunk-4b.jpg
    Boxwood-twin-trunk-4b.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Boxwood-twin-trunk-4d.jpg
    Boxwood-twin-trunk-4d.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 141

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You have done well with it. It no longer looks like a shrub and now looks like a tree.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Slow far slow good Steve, boxes are a nice tree to work with, just bring the patience. After a while it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know why you buy a trunk with these.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is a nice one, I had a boxwood for several years and the trunk never developed, I gave it to my cousin and he ended up killing it. Truth is I felt like killing it myself several times! I have always loved the small leaves they have but its hard to find one with a decent trunk to start out with though, great job on this one.

ed

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That is a nice one, I had a boxwood for several years and the trunk never developed, I gave it to my cousin and he ended up killing it. Truth is I felt like killing it myself several times! I have always loved the small leaves they have but its hard to find one with a decent trunk to start out with though, great job on this one.

ed

Hey Ed, go check out the Wee Tree website, they have pre-bonsai kingsvilles for reasonable pricing. I picked one up and it was a pretty decent size, with great movement... Not as large as this one, but nonetheless, cool little shohin material.

Top Bottom