A small Acer..

johnbaz

Mame
Reaction score
Hi all
Here's an Acer that I bought at a local Bonsai bash at the now defunct Don Valley Stadium some years ago, The twists and turns were already made when I bought it but it's grown some since I brought it home đź‘Ť

I took this pic earlier this year, We had some ridiculously hot weather for weeks on end, Most of my Acers (But not all!!) suffered, This one was one the ones that didn't fare well as can be seen from the foliage!
aOOJFGX.jpg
M9miFDj.jpg

This was the tree in 2015, I can't recall what variety it is but from the spring leaves, Could it be Katsura maybe?
486q59n.jpg

Totally nekked before the top was grown on..
orFbmTT.jpg

I'm hoping we have some less hot weather next year so that it can grow more foliage rather than losing it all early!!

John :)

SgtPilko

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice trunk movement! Yes could do without another crazy heatwave this year, was really tough on the cool-loving trees wasn't it.

Take this with a pinch of salt but re. identification my (young) Katsura in normal leaf has slightly different foliage, the edges are more orangey-pink and a thinner band of colour, very orange in spring, less of the deeper red yours has, hard to tell of course from pictures.

Top Bottom