A Sonny Boggs commissioned piece...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Beautiful pot, love the green! what size of pot is this?
3 1/2 x 1 1/2 outside dimensions...and thanks! Though...I can't take credit for it's creation. I'm very pleased with the final outcome. He's amazing to work with...a great fella indeed! Very talented as well.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I've been wanting one of his pots ever since I joined the FB auction pages. He may be my favorite modern potter, I just really like his style and glazes!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've been wanting one of his pots ever since I joined the FB auction pages. He may be my favorite modern potter, I just really like his style and glazes!
His glazes and work seen in person...puts those photos to shame. The depth you just can't photograph. Hang tight on one...when you get one. Hold it in your hands...you won't regret the purchase that's for sure.

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your primula blue lavender flowers are violas (violets) I call them Greenland Violets. But they go by many names, in most places they go by "invasive weeds", but they are pretty just the same. They grow all over the place in my yard, and pop up in bonsai with out any notice. Windborne seeds I suppose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola_labradorica

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
oh, and they grow from cuttings, just prunings mind you very easy. Just pop one at the joint and stick it in a pot and it will root in a couple weeks.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Your primula blue lavender flowers are violas (violets) I call them Greenland Violets. But they go by many names, in most places they go by "invasive weeds", but they are pretty just the same. They grow all over the place in my yard, and pop up in bonsai with out any notice. Windborne seeds I suppose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola_labradorica
It's the name they came with from Dasu Bonsai. But I agree ...they didn't look like the name they went under when doing a search. Thanks for a proper ID.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's the name they came with from Dasu Bonsai. But I agree ...they didn't look like the name they went under when doing a search. Thanks for a proper ID.
Ahhh.....most people don't take this as serious as I do:)

Top Bottom