A spider has spun a web on my sapling -- is this alright?

bryz

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hi, I've owned my maple sapling for a little over two months now. It's beginning to slowly, slowly open up its leaves, which is very exciting. But I've noticed that a spider has claimed part of my tree as its home. Should I get rid of it? I thought maybe it could actually do some good to get rid of other bugs that will be trying to eat the leaves, but I thought I should get advice from people who know better. Thanks!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The will do no harm. They are just looking for a meal and they aren't vegetarians.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sure it's a spider?

Sorce

InstilledChaos

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
What Sorce is getting at: As long as you are sure it is a spider and not spider mites you have nothing to worry about.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hi, I've owned my maple sapling for a little over two months now. It's beginning to slowly, slowly open up its leaves, which is very exciting. But I've noticed that a spider has claimed part of my tree as its home. Should I get rid of it? I thought maybe it could actually do some good to get rid of other bugs that will be trying to eat the leaves, but I thought I should get advice from people who know better. Thanks!
Have you looked on the Web?

Top Bottom