A Spring tour of my benches. Trees in various stages of development

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice collection! You have some great trees. Thank you for taking the time to share.

You are getting some impressive top growth on your trees in development pots. Even in a small pot you are producing large sacrifice branches! Getting that much growth in development is a challenge for me, although it may just be our different climates. Can you share a little about what soil you are developing trees in, and your feeding routine? Thanks!

peterbone

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice collection! You have some great trees. Thank you for taking the time to share.

You are getting some impressive top growth on your trees in development pots. Even in a small pot you are producing large sacrifice branches! Getting that much growth in development is a challenge for me, although it may just be our different climates. Can you share a little about what soil you are developing trees in, and your feeding routine? Thanks!
Thanks. I don't know what the differences are but your growing season may be shorter than we have in the UK. It may also be down to species. Elm, Field Maple and Spindle are all quite fast growing. I'm using Molar clay for most trees with some composted bark mixed in. I feed with a combination of solid and liquid fertillisers depending on what's on offer. I don't use any expensive bonsai specific fertilisers.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well done @peterbone !
You've gotten a really good start on your way to creating some awesome trees. Looking forward to seeing your future development.
cheers
DSD sends

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

Not only are a few of those fast growing, he also had them in training from 3-5 years from collection, its enough time to get trees healthy and strong and looking good.

For others commenting. I hear Peter sold all his trees and moved abroad a few months ago.

Top Bottom