A story about pots

Stormwater

Shohin
Reaction score
So last fall I was visiting my hometown (population 800). Turns out my second grade teacher is now the town librarian and had been chatting with my mother. Long story short, she wanted to share her late husbands bonsai pots. She hands me this box and says her buddy nick made some of them, and gives me a stack of books as well. It was a heartfelt exchange.

I don’t have any “good” bonsai to put in these yet. I’ve put a few sticks in some, these two sit on a shelf for now, but I hold them with love and care. Not traditional by any means.

(FYI , the little pot is by my 6year old.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
They are screaming for a collected local sapling to be trained as a mame. Go find 3 occupants!

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
they are. I was blown away when I realized what I was given.

I know you'll hold on to them, but if you ever decide to sell one (or both), please PLEASE contact me. A painted Lenz pot has always been at the top of my list to own.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And get them the bloody hell down off that shelf!

Especially if you got cats.

Or earthquakes....

Or sense at all! JK.

Fucking score!

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I mean no offence, but perhaps a re-assessment of your Nick Lenz pot deployment is in order? Such pots could return a sizable return on your ($0) "investment".

That juniper looks like it's one good gust of wind away from ruining our day!!😤😭😭😭😭😭

Stormwater

Shohin
Reaction score
Ya, wouldn’t think of selling such things ever.

I just put the pots up there for the pic.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
.....as soon as I scrolled to the first picture, I realized they were Lenz' pots and I cringed thinking you wouldn't be aware of what you had....

…..@WeeMac is six as well....and it's make me sad the money I have to sit on for the future instead of buying good material before prices get out of hand...:D:D:D

…..and don't even start about pot prices, unless your buying from lesser-known potters, get the IV ready for your wallet...:oops:

Stormwater

Shohin
Reaction score
Before this I had plastic pots and things I found at second hand shops.

Stormwater

Shohin
Reaction score
The other pot that was in the collection, not NL. Sorry not very good at photography.

Top Bottom