a suggestion on talent for program charis

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Puget Sound Bonsai association enjoyed last night a wonderful demo by Ted Matson....his weekend classes were well attended.

Ted began studying bonsai in 1979 in San Francisco, where he learned the basics under John Boyce. He moved to Los Angeles in 1980, where he became involved in a number of clubs and began a serious pursuit of the art, taking classes from leading masters in Southern California, including Ben Suzuki, Shig and Roy Nagatoshi, Melba Tucker, Warren Hill and John Naka.

a brief bio...I have the difficult job :) of hosting our speakers and getting them fed and on time to their appointments. So It's a priviledge to get to know various artists. I honestly can't think of any that I enjoyed more this year from a personal or professional standpoint. His ability as a teacher makes me want to encourage you to try and get him for a presentation for 2014.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I wholeheartedly agree. Ted is very good- we've had him do lots of workshops over the years here at the nursery. He always gives a lot of information about the horticultural and design needs of whatever material he is working on. He also always takes the health of the tree very serious so you won't see any instant bonsai in two hours crap from him. He would be a good demonstrator for any group.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ted is great. My club had him for a demo this year. He's a wealth of knowledge.

youngsai

Mame
Reaction score
We had him last year, his wealth of knowledge on azaleas was just astounding. He knows everything about them, and broke it down for us by a month by month basis, both for flowering and in training years. So 12 steps for a year it goes to flower, and 12 steps for if it is in training. Great great teacher...

Top Bottom