A tree with one root. Will it survive? Place your bets!

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I haven’t been watering every day, since it seems like everything in the greenhouse is perpetually damp, but today I noticed a bit of brown on a few of the clusters of leaves that were getting more sun, so I opened up the tent flap and sprayed everything with cold hose water, and then re-sealed it. Fortunately, most of the leaves are fine. It was just those few.

207BD586-03BD-46E3-8B9D-2CA88CD7CE54.jpeg

CD56C99D-2F1E-4187-9247-7E28A5F4B4DC.jpeg

0BFFA781-E02B-4ABB-B933-34F394B61F7C.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I have a fagus from a pear tree that I've been working on. What I did was dig out the area surrounding it, scar it in several areas, root powdered the scars and filled it back with Napa 8822. Hopefully by spring it will have grown feeder roots.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Ditto, again.. my spring-collected beech just blew it’s leaves, running out of reserves, about 4 days ago.
similar here. they all went light green and slightly brown over the summer. BUT they do have new cigars formed at the leaf-joints.
mine didnt drop leaves either but they look pretty weak, new cigars havent unfurled.
i read somewhere to keep on keeping on with beech because theyll seem dead but get back to work come spring

im going to stay the course with mine. a literati style, 1" thick, collected. hopeful too because i got a soccer ball size root ball slip potted

beech are hi on my list for a successful venture in the future. love the offseason leaf color

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I have a fagus from a pear tree that I've been working on. What I did was dig out the area surrounding it, scar it in several areas, root powdered the scars and filled it back with Napa 8822. Hopefully by spring it will have grown feeder roots.
sounds like a personal problem. jp.

that sounds like a cool project, good luck

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
similar here. they all went light green and slightly brown over the summer. BUT they do have new cigars formed at the leaf-joints.
mine didnt drop leaves either but they look pretty weak, new cigars havent unfurled.
i read somewhere to keep on keeping on with beech because theyll seem dead but get back to work come spring

im going to stay the course with mine. a literati style, 1" thick, collected. hopeful too because i got a soccer ball size root ball slip potted

beech are hi on my list for a successful venture in the future. love the offseason leaf color
Yeaaah. Mine ALSO had that bark disease... so it’s ashes now! 🤣

Reaction score
Fagus sylvatica lives very much in symbiosis with Mycorrhiza. Use some of the soil from where you collected it and mix in with your new mixture that can also help a lot.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

You know what is alive?

The spirit of that quote.

It is ok for us to love each other while in opposition correct?

A super selfishness that saves the world?

Because our differing opinions is what makes us stronger individually.

Seems then, that once we achieve that better us, we should opt not to destroy it in hatred and violence.

Because no matter what side you stand on, it's you or what makes you better that is being destroyed.

So we are one, and destroying the other is destroying ourselves.

I don't know what....lol...Her...a....clitoris has to do with it...🤔🤣

But seeing how Woman is what gives is life.....

The circle is complete for me.

Thank you.

Love.

Sorce

Top Bottom