A Tribute to Vaughn Banting

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I should mention that there are a few great videos at the end, be sure to check them out.

Will

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Really nice videos. Thanks for that.

Attachments

• video.jpg
    video.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 47
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sarcasm aside, are you saying that you can not view the videos?

I just checked the tribute and they are working fine for me. I use windows vista professional with IE 64 bit.

Will

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Nice tribute, I remember him coming to our club many years ago, he was one of the first travling meastros I saw doing bonsai demos. We were impressed.

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
...are you saying that you can not view the videos?

I just checked the tribute and they are working fine for me. I use windows vista professional with IE 64 bit.

I just pasted a screenshot of what showed up when I loaded the gallery. It was cropped only because I wanted as small an image as possible. Clicking the video takes me to a page stating "This is a private video Do you have permission to watch this video?"

The version of windows and browser seem irrelevant according to what the message says.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
The videos work fine for me....I tried them in IE 32 and 64 bit, both worked.

Nice tribute to Vaughn....very well done.

Jason

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I just pasted a screenshot of what showed up when I loaded the gallery. It was cropped only because I wanted as small an image as possible. Clicking the video takes me to a page stating "This is a private video Do you have permission to watch this video?"

The version of windows and browser seem irrelevant according to what the message says.

Same thing for me if you click the banner but, if you click in the centre ((Oxford spelling)proper English)) of the TV, it works fine. (Linux, Firefox)

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
First, thanks for posting this. By all accounts he was someone that I would have loved to meet. What a wonderful thing it is to have a legacy like his.

Second, it works fine on Mac/Safari, just click play and not the title and you won't have any trouble. The title is linked to the hosting site.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, that does appear to be the problem, I'll get a note there that directs viewers to push the play button instead of clicking the title.

Thanks for figuring that out.

Will

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Only the first video works on my end??? Nice tribute to a legend of the craft.

-Dave

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
I'll get a note there that directs viewers to push the play button instead of clicking the title.

Will

Thats funny and sad all at the same time, lol!! Umm....push the play button to get it to work. Wow, that was hard, loL!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.....

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
A few years ago I was going through Vaughns website and one of the coolest things I saw was that he turned his back yard into a little racetrack for him and the other people confined to wheel chairs. That is something that I could see myself doing if I were in that position.

That is the type of spirit and dedication to having fun when life mess's with you that we should all look up to and admire.

Just something I wanted to share.

Jason

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
A few years ago I was going through Vaughns website and one of the coolest things I saw was that he turned his back yard into a little racetrack for him and the other people confined to wheel chairs. That is something that I could see myself doing if I were in that position.

That is the type of spirit and dedication to having fun when life mess's with you that we should all look up to and admire.

Just something I wanted to share.

Jason

Jason, my wife and I deal daily with folks that have a very rare and deadly form of cancer called Sarcoma. The people that have the type of spirit that you mention Vaughn having is so amazing to witness. Some people, when faced with this type of adversity really show a spirit so amazing that you just stand back and pray that you could exhibit half of the strength and grace in the same situation.

Thanks for sharing this story. It is often helpful for folks to retell stories and memories, plus it helps us get to know something about those involved. Others should share memories if they have them as well.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Vaughn's tribute was designed to be dynamic, and we hope that people who see it will send in pictures, videos, drawings, or other items that we can add to it over time.

Those who knew Vaughn may be interested in the Vaughn Banting Memorabilia Auction at AoB.

Will

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thats funny and sad all at the same time, lol!! Umm....push the play button to get it to work. Wow, that was hard, loL!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.....

To be clear, in the image I posted you can see there is no play button.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a wonderful tribute to someone who made such a difference both in the world of bonsai and to all who met him, apparently. I love the old photos.

Chris

Ashbarns

Mame
Reaction score
What a real buzz to see these old pictures especially of my friends John and Shirley White with Vaughn from way back.

Ash :)

Top Bottom